Q. What is the reason for increase in eosinophil count?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Yesterday I have given my blood sample for a random test. When reports came I got shocked. Is there any big health issue? Do I need to consult the doctor for this? See below lab report: RDW-CV 14.4 high 11.6-14.0 %, Eosinophils 9.1 high 1.0-6.0 %, Absolute eosinophil count 0.70 high 0.02-0.50 10^3/Ul, Thyroid profile ultra triiodothyronine (T3) 97.63 60.0 - 181.0 ng/Dl, thyroxin (T4) 6.60 3.20 - 12.6 µg/Dl and thyroid stimulating hormone (ultrasensitive) 7.244 high 0.55 - 44.

#

Regarding the eosinophils increase, it could be due to allergic condition or parasitic infection. So do you have any remarkable symptoms like for example coughing,sneezing, etc.?

As for the elevated TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), it is subclinical hypothyroidism which you do not have to do anything about.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

`What should I do for my itching and burning sensation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have itching and burning sensation in my upper body, eyes and feet. After taking a hot water bath, my upper chest becomes red and goes away in a minute. But, the burning sensation does not go away even though there are no rashes. I had cold and throat infection a week before. I took All...  Read Full »

Eosinophilia: A Brief Discussion Regarding Causes and Management

Article Overview: Eosinophilia or a rise in the eosinophil count can occur due to allergy or skin infection, or due to HIV infection or cancer. Read the article to know more. Read Article

Allergy Specialist

Eosinophilia Definition Eosinophilia is said to be present when the absolute eosinophil count is more than 400/cmm (some books mention eosinophilia when the absolute count is more than 500/cmm). Etiology: I will describe in brief the causes of eosinophilia so that it will help in detecting the und...  Read Article

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»