Q. Can you confirm if my fractured sacrum has indeed fully healed?

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 10, 2021

Recently, I got a fracture in my sacrum. After taking rest for two months, the doctor advised me to do an MRI scan. The result showed that the stress fracture has got healed. But still, I have some numbness and pain in the area after doing exercise. My pain begins and ends very quickly. It is very mild. It started to have this issue before three weeks during the healing time of the fracture. I want an opinion to know whether it has got healed fully.

#

I have gone through the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do not have any fracture now. There is callus formation which suggests the healing process. To regain tensile strength, it takes some time for a month. I suggest you avoid sports, lifting heavy objects, gym, and continue taking medications as prescribed.

You have a stress injury.

You can do MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).

You seem to have bony degeneration, osteophytic changes, and stress fracture.

You have a stress fracture.

Avoid doing heavy lifting, gym, strenuous activities, and sports.

Have a follow-up at any time.

| 
1 out of 1 likes