Q. Kindly help me to identify the buckle fracture location in my son's x-ray.

Dr. Muhammad Shoyab

Can you identify the buckle fracture location in my son's X-ray? Please see the attached files. I am interested in understanding the location and severity of the buckle fracture.

Dr. Muhammad Shoyab

Interventional Radiology Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

Your attending doctors may have already informed you that buckle fractures are not of any severity. This is because the bones of the child are pliable enough so that the bone saves itself by buckling rather than breaking altogether. Treatment is quite simple and straightforward. Most cases recover satisfactorily with only immobilization and on-demand painkillers.

Regarding the location of the buckle, I should quite honestly say that I do not see it. Indeed, pediatric fractures in general, and buckle fractures, in particular, are often quite subtle and may be detected only by a super specialized and experienced pediatric radiologist. However, this is, in a sense, good news for you, given the fact that a subtle buckle fracture would heal more completely and rapidly than an obvious one.

| 

InterTan nail got displaced from hip side and causing pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother, aged 67, got her hip bone joint fractured. She got operated and InterTan nail got implanted. But nail part got displaced from the hip side and now touching hip bone causing pain. She is weak, having low bone density and suffering from other diseases as well (rheumatoid arth...  Read Full »

After a fracture, my finger looks bent and swollen. Should I go for a surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I broke the top joint of my right pinky finger, two and a half months ago, late the night, before I was leaving for a two-month trip abroad. I tried to splint it, but it did not work, and it bent down by about 45 degrees, and now the joint is swollen. After getting an X-ray, now that ...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with tinnitus. What could be the cause for it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with tinnitus, and it is driving me crazy for the past 5.5 months. In my CTA examination, my upper cervical spine demonstrates some moderate facet arthritis primarily at c2 and c3. It also shows an incomplete fusion of the posterior arch of c1 and mild cervical s...  Read Full »

Ask a Radiologist Now