Q. Will Botox injection 200 permanently cure urinary external sphincter void dysfunction?

Dr. Gopinath

I have urinary external sphincter void dysfunctioning. The doctor had suggested Botox injection 200. Is this permanent cure or you suggest other medicine or tablets?

#

Hope you are fully evaluated with the urodynamic study. Botox injection for urinary external sphincter void dysfunction is not a permanent cure. It has a 70 to 90 % success rate with 5 to 12 months duration with a mean of nine months duration of action by various studies. Other drugs for urinary external sphincter void dysfunction depends upon the urodynamic reports and post void residue. In case of significant residual urine, self-catheterization may be the alternative.

|