Urodynamic Study

How do you stop urinary bladder leakage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I am facing an issue with my urinary bladder. Most of the times I find my underwear wet with water or urine and not with white discharge. I feel my urine gets leaked. It is not that I tend to hold onto my urine for long. Whenever I feel like urinating, I instan...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please provide more history? How long have you been having this issue now? Do you have pain with urination? How many kids to you have and were they relieved vaginally? Did you have any bladder or cervical procedure? Revert with the answers to the above questio...  Read Full »

My sister suffers a lot due to frequent urination. Is it good to take Cystopen for it?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 20 years old. She has a problem of frequent urination. She has to urinate numerous times. She has undergone cystoscopy and urodynamics test. She has a small and weak bladder with 350 mL capacity. But, the reason behind frequent urination has to be diagnosed still. The doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh Badaku Desai

General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I went through your sister's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your sister's uroflow study shows an average flow rate of 13.5 mL per second (normal more than 15 mL per second) and a desire to micturate and bladder capaci...  Read Full »

My mother has an increased urine frequency for two months. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 80 years old. Since last two months, there is increased urine frequency. Earlier, she used to have five to six times a day and now, it has become 10 to 12 times in a day. We consulted urology specialists and according to them both kidneys and bladder seemed normal. T...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. According to the history, it looks like she is suffering from a low capacity with overactive bladder. An urodynamic study will give an idea about bladder capacity and bladder pressure during voiding. So, it is better to go ahead with an urodyna...  Read Full »

What are the causes of frequent urination and incontinence?

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago after having a couple of falls, my mother was diagnosed with progressive supranuclear palsy by a neurologist.  Last week, she suddenly started to experience urinary incontinence. Over the past few days she has complained of the urge to pass urine quite often and sometime...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The increased frequency of urination and urinary incontinence are due to bladder overactivity. Your mother should undergo an urodynamic study to know what exactly is happening in the bladder during filling. I think she will get good benefit by taking antimuscarini...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ayurvedic treatment for frequent urination.

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 20 years old. She does not feel bladder emptying and she was diagnosed to have a weak bladder. She has frequent urination problem and undergoing allopathy treatment for the past one year. Still, there is no significant improvement. Is there any treatment for frequent urina...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The weakness of the bladder has already been diagnosed. This weakness is due to the weakening of urinary bladder muscles. As a result, the bladder is unable to control the urge of voiding whenever it is full. The most effective thing in weak bladder is to do exercises,...  Read Full »

Is Botox injection 200 a permanent cure for urinary external sphincter void dysfunction?

Query: Hello doctor, I have urinary external sphincter void dysfunctioning. The doctor had suggested Botox injection 200. Is this permanent cure or you suggest other medicine or tablets?  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope you are fully evaluated with the urodynamic study. Botox injection for urinary external sphincter void dysfunction is not a permanent cure. It has a 70 to 90 % success rate with 5 to 12 months duration with a mean of nine months duration of action by various studie...  Read Full »

My daughter often gets UTI since her childhood. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 14 years old and has had UTIs since she was at a very young age. We have taken her to doctors, and they put her on antibiotics which do not work, or at least not long enough. She drinks plenty of water every day and does physical activity daily. We are stuck with no treatmen...  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history you gave, it seems that she has a genetic susceptibility to urinary infections. Other reasons could be neurogenic bladder dysfunction, undiagnosed reflux disease, ureterocele and other anatomic causes. Use of daily low dose antibiotic prophylaxis is a ...  Read Full »

I have urinary retention even after five weeks of giving birth. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had urinary retention during pregnancy, so I had a catheter for a week, and I had problems throughout. I gave birth five weeks ago, but whenever I go to the toilet, I still feel like I need to go again. And sometimes, I do not get the normal sensation to urinate, and I have to press ...  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your urinary problems. By the history, it seems you have hypocontractile detrusor, as you do not get the sensation to urinate. And even after urination, there is a significant amount of residual urine. You must have undergone uroflowmetry and uro...  Read Full »

I am facing urine dripping problem and frequent urination. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I have urine dripping problem after urination. I also have frequent urination. I have uploaded all test reports. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). All your reports are fine. Probably, you are having overactive bladder. It can only be diagnosed by urodynamics bladder pressure study. It is better to get it done before starting the tr...  Read Full »