Q. Is injectable Botox safe for a patient with Sjogren's syndrome?

Published on Dec 28, 2015 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am suffering from Sjogren's syndrome. I have a few questions about safety of cosmetic procedures. Is botox injectable safe? Is ultherapy or laser safe for a patient with Sjogren's? Kindly advice.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

• Laser is completely safe.
  • Safety of Botox depends on indication. Botox (Botulinum Toxin) is also given in other medical conditions.
  • Please let me know the reason for laser and Botox treatment. The elaborate history will help me to give you better advice.

Revert back with detailed information to a dermatologist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I would like to use laser for red facial veins and Botox for headache. I had lost weight recently and so for sagging I would like to get ultherapy. I wish to make sure that it will not cause any negative immune reaction.

#

• Laser especially pulsed dye laser or other vascular laser is absolutely safe to use because these all are non-ablative.
  • Same thing happens with ultherapy. It works by collagen remodulation and is also locally acting.
  • I would not advice to go with Botox. Because, both share a common side effect profile and can exacerbate your condition. But, last decision depends on clinical and laboratory parameters and is on the discretion of treating clinician, dose and sittings required.
  • So, according to me it should not be used as first line and should be reserved only for resistant and refractory cases.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Does laser surgery cause dry eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I had laser surgery on both my eyes 15 years back, and it was not very successful. My eye sight power came back along with the cylindrical power. My power has been stable for the last 10 years. Now my vision has become 6/4. But, I found out that I have dry eyes ever since. If I use ...  Read Full »

Does laser hair removal help with acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old man. I would like to ask your opinion about laser hair removal. I have read a lot in the last days and almost everywhere it is said that it is not bad for your health and body and one of the best ways to deal with hair. I am thinking about doing laser removal of hai...  Read Full »

Would hormone therapy shrink a large breast tumor in a 79 year old?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a patient who is female, 79 and has a large breast tumor. Rather than give chemo, I personally would like her to try out hormone therapy. Would hormone therapy shrink a large tumor? Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.  Read Full »