Q. What are the physical findings and pathophysiology observed in breast cancer?

Dr. Shravana Kumar Chinnikatti

What are the physical findings seen in breast cancer? Please explain about the pathophysiology observed in breast cancer.

#

These are the physical findings found in breast cancer. There can be a painless lump or a change in breast size, skin changes, nipple inversion, nipple abnormalities or discharge, and axillary lump. The pathophysiology shows damage to DNA, and genetic changes lead to breast cancer. It is also linked to other factors such as estrogen exposure, smoking, age and family history. Some individuals inherit defects in BRCA1, BRCA2, PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homolog) and P53 (tumor protein). People having a family history of ovarian or breast cancer can have an increased risk of getting breast cancer.

|