Q. I have a breast lump. Is there a possibility that it might be cancerous?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a lump in between my breasts. I have had it for a couple of years. Yesterday, I noticed that it got slightly bigger. Also, it became painful and red. Is there a possibility that it might be cancerous? I do not have any family history of breast cancer.

#

We are here to help you.

• Any breast lump definitely requires evaluation for cancerous growth. However, a lot of many times, it is benign in nature called as fibroadenoma and sudden redness and pain could be due to secondary infection the fibroadenoma.
  • If any of these investigations have been done, then please attach the reports.

Revert back with the reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|