Q. I have a breast lump. Is there a possibility that it might be cancerous?

Published on Dec 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a lump in between my breasts. I have had it for a couple of years. Yesterday, I noticed that it got slightly bigger. Also, it became painful and red. Is there a possibility that it might be cancerous? I do not have any family history of breast cancer.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• Any breast lump definitely requires evaluation for cancerous growth. However, a lot of many times, it is benign in nature called as fibroadenoma and sudden redness and pain could be due to secondary infection the fibroadenoma.
  • If any of these investigations have been done, then please attach the reports.

Revert back with the reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Tips to Prevent Breast Cancer

Article Overview: This article discusses the risk factors and a few tips to prevent breast cancer. Read Article

Dr. Seyed Ali Jazaeri
Preventive Medicine Physician

There are a few risk factors that make you more susceptible to get breast cancer, which cannot always be prevented. But, there are things you can do that might lower your risk. Breast cancer risk factors mean anything that affects your chance of getting breast cancer. But having a risk factor does n...  Read Article

There is a hard lump under the nipple. I am afraid of breast cancer. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I found a quarter-sized hard nonmobile lump under my nipple a day ago. Is that an usual spot to get breast cancer?  Read Full »

How To Detect Breast Cancer?

Article Overview: This article discusses how to detect breast cancer through self-examination and mammogram test. Read Article

Dr. Gowrimeena
Medical Oncologist

Breast cancer is now emerging as one of the leading causes of death in women. Unfortunately, we do not have any vaccines to prevent it. The lumps may be painless, so patients may delay the visit to the doctor. A breast lump may be benign (simple or innocent) or malignant (cancer). Early Detection I...  Read Article