Q. I am worried about my breast lump. Please help.

Dr. Sweta Singh

I am a 30 year old mother of a 11 months old. Today, I found a red, inflammation on the surface of left breast on the lower side. It is a lump kind of stuff. I am doubtful whether it is cancer. I did not see any other symptoms of breast cancer as other things look normal. I am so worried. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

An inflamed lump is unlikely to be a cancer. This is an often occurrence in women with babies being breastfed. It occurs due to an infection. However, any lump must be examined by a breast surgeon and if required a sample of the tissue taken in order to ascertain the cause and nature of the lesions. For safety sake, you need to visit a breast surgeon. However, the chance of cancer is relatively low given your age, etc. Please have it checked out. It is not something that anyone can diagnose without examination.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

What is the first treatment choice for breast cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago and had a right mastectomy. She however did not have chemo or radiation. She has a little extra fat to the lateral area of the breast that after surgery it looked like a small third breast. Right over the old incision has de...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain from my breast to the armpit?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female, who weighs 130 lbs and 5.3 feet tall. For about 12 days, I have had consistent pain in the outer side of my breast up through my armpit. I have a tingling and slightly numb feeling in my left arm. I did not injure it, as far as I am aware. It started suddenly...  Read Full »

While breastfeeding, can I get my damaged tooth out?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 4-month-baby boy. I am doing breastfeeding. My tooth is entirely damaged. So I am planning to remove my tooth. Is it correct or not? I am taking medicine for it. Please tell me a suggestion.  Read Full »