Q. I am worried about my breast lump. Please help.

Dr. Sweta Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I am a 30 year old mother of a 11 months old. Today, I found a red, inflammation on the surface of left breast on the lower side. It is a lump kind of stuff. I am doubtful whether it is cancer. I did not see any other symptoms of breast cancer as other things look normal. I am so worried. Please help. Thanks in advance.

#

An inflamed lump is unlikely to be a cancer. This is an often occurrence in women with babies being breastfed. It occurs due to an infection. However, any lump must be examined by a breast surgeon and if required a sample of the tissue taken in order to ascertain the cause and nature of the lesions. For safety sake, you need to visit a breast surgeon. However, the chance of cancer is relatively low given your age, etc. Please have it checked out. It is not something that anyone can diagnose without examination.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|