Breast Lump

I am getting a new breast lump in the same place after removal of the old one. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old. No family history of breast cancer. I have never been pregnant and never used a contraceptive. Before two years, I felt a breast lump (breast cyst-did does not disappear with aspiration. Aspirate was straw-colored). Got it out a year later. Biopsy showed fibrocystic...  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand how you feel. Let me start by saying that a majority of breast cysts are not malicious, and unfortunately, they do have a tendency to keep coming back. Numerous women leave them as it is and stay on regular follow up to keep an eye on the size...  Read Full »

I have breast lump with pain and itching. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old female, I never had any children and I have been on Depo-Provera for almost 17 years. Although I am a heavy smoker, I do not get sick very often. A few years ago I found lumps in my breast(s) which were not painful but I did visit a doctor and he said it was just t...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned some years ago, there were lumps in your breast. These can indicate that you have fibroadenosis/ fibroadenoma. In some occassions since it is a hyperplastic cystic disease (where cells are multiplying rapidly), it can be a little painful. Since there w...  Read Full »

I have a non-growing lump in left nipple for more than 10 years. Could it be cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump behind my left nipple for around 10 years. It is a painless and hard lump which is just behind the nipple, and it seems to be round in shape and is about more than 1 cm in size. It is not growing and is of fixed size. I also notice skin discoloration on the breast like s...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks all these lesions are benign (non-cancerous). This small lump which is there for 10 years is certainly benign as cancerous lump grows and spreads. Regarding skin discoloration looking like melanin patches and fluid lumps. You have not mentioned the detail...  Read Full »

Why do I have a small lump beneath my nipple?

Query: Hi im a 13 year old boy. I have recently noticed a small lump beneath my nipple and was wondering if this is normal? The lump is not too hard but not soft and the same time. Kind of rubbery. I haven’t noticed any other changes so far.   Read Full »

Dr. Gerardo David

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Good Day, I am Dr. David. Since when did you exactly notice the lump? Did it grow in size since then. Any change of color on the skin over the lump? Did you notice dimpling of the skin over it? And is it painful when you touch it? I would also like to know if you have relatives that also had this?...  Read Full »

Is it mandatory to remove lump behind the nipple with mild mastitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a mammogram and ultrasound done for a lump behind my nipple. I am breastfeeding my ten months old and it does not appear to be a blocked duct. It is painful while feeding. It is present for two weeks and awaiting mammogram results. I would like to have clarification of films...  Read Full »

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand your concern. First of all, there is no suspicious mass on the mammogram (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Secondly, breast tissue is more prominent on the right, which might happen during lactation depending on which side you use m...  Read Full »

What causes painful swelling in the breast?

Query: Hi doctor, I have swelling in my right breast (upper side) and I feel when I press it. It was painful too. I have high TSH. I am 32 years old. Is there a chance of breast cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to say that it is quite a commendable thing to be aware of these situations. Most women are not aware of breast lumps and tend to ignore them. I like to ask you a few questions about the swelling. Is it a single swelling or multiple ones? ...  Read Full »

What does the darker area on the mammogram report indicate?

Query: Hello doctor,I felt a lumpy area in my breast and went and had a screening mammogram and ultrasound. The radiologist said the findings were normal, but one of the ultrasound scans concerned me. It looks like a dark shadow area and in an odd shape. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ruchi Bahuguna

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a normal breast tissue (commenting only based on the attached image). Different shades of grey seen on an ultrasound image depend upon many factors such as the type of tissue bein...  Read Full »

Please interpet the ultrasound report of a lump in my breast.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old and having a lump on my breast and was advised to do an ultrasound. I have my images and would like to know if there is anything to worry about. No family history of breast cancer.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please share the images for a detailed discussion.  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about breast lump?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old mother of a 11 months old. Today, I found a red, inflammation on the surface of left breast on the lower side. It is a lump kind of stuff. I am doubtful whether it is cancer. I did not see any other symptoms of breast cancer as other things look normal. I am so worried....  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An inflamed lump is unlikely to be a cancer. This is an often occurrence in women with babies being breastfed. It occurs due to an infection. However, any lump must be examined by a breast surgeon and if required a sample of the tissue taken in order to ascertain the ca...  Read Full »

I have many lumps in breasts that are painful during periods. Are they fibroadenomas?

Query: Hello doctor, I have many lumps in both breasts for the last few years. All these lumps were diagnosed, and we got to know that these are fibroadenomas. But still, I am tensed. What diet should I take and how to proceed further with the treatment so that it does not turn into something worse? I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Roli Agarwal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Fibroadenosis is a benign condition and it rarely worsens.It has relation with periods, and it is painful just before periods.There is nothing should be done about it until it affects your quality of life. I suggest you tablet Evion (Vitamin E) once daily for a month.For fu...  Read Full »