Breast Lump

Is it mandatory to remove lump behind the nipple with mild mastitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a mammogram and ultrasound done for a lump behind my nipple. I am breastfeeding my ten months old and it does not appear to be a blocked duct. It is painful while feeding. It is present for two weeks and awaiting mammogram results. I would like to have clarification of films...  Read Full »

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand your concern. First of all, there is no suspicious mass on the mammogram (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Secondly, breast tissue is more prominent on the right, which might happen during lactation depending on which side you use m...  Read Full »

Why do I have a small lump beneath my nipple?

Query: Hi im a 13 year old boy. I have recently noticed a small lump beneath my nipple and was wondering if this is normal? The lump is not too hard but not soft and the same time. Kind of rubbery. I haven’t noticed any other changes so far.   Read Full »

Dr. Gerardo David

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Good Day, I am Dr. David. Since when did you exactly notice the lump? Did it grow in size since then. Any change of color on the skin over the lump? Did you notice dimpling of the skin over it? And is it painful when you touch it? I would also like to know if you have relatives that also had this?...  Read Full »

Can breast cancer grow in four weeks?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from anxiety around the health issues, cancer and tend to obsess about things. I have been fixating on my breasts and keep thinking I feel lumps. My doctor suggested to get an ultrasound four weeks ago for my peace of mind and they were perfectly fine. Tonight, I was scratc...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It is absolutely normal to have some anxiety. All human beings are anxious for something. It depends how we make use of it. Any lump in the breast has to be evaluated. If you still feel something inside, then you can consult a surgeon and l...  Read Full »

Can fibroadenoma of the breast pain during the fertile days?

Query: I am 29 years old, a mother of a 17months toddler. Two years ago I was suspected to have fibroadenoma on the right breast by a doctor who's only done the ultrasound, because I haven't accept to do the biopsy. On the report it is written by the doctor Ultrasonographic bilaterally dense glandular par...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, I have gone through your narration of symptoms. With the history of pain occuring around the periods time, it is more likely to be Fibroadenosis rather than Fibriadenoma.. I would like to assure you not worry about either of this conditions as both of them are only benign conditions and not ca...  Read Full »

Can a male with fatty breasts develop breast cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having rough period. I am worried about my health and about breast cancer as I have fatty breast albeit, rare in men. Also, I had undergone ultrasound before seven months and everything was normal. Before a couple of days, some little red marks had appeared in my chest. When I pres...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, let me assure you, that the red bump is completely benign not to worry as it is out of the mammary tissue. Now, let me enlighten you some facts about gynecomastia. It is the benign proliferation of the male glandular tissue in the breast. Every enlargement of th...  Read Full »

I have a non-growing lump in left nipple for more than 10 years. Could it be cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump behind my left nipple for around 10 years. It is a painless and hard lump which is just behind the nipple, and it seems to be round in shape and is about more than 1 cm in size. It is not growing and is of fixed size. I also notice skin discoloration on the breast like s...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks all these lesions are benign (non-cancerous). This small lump which is there for 10 years is certainly benign as cancerous lump grows and spreads. Regarding skin discoloration looking like melanin patches and fluid lumps. You have not mentioned the detail...  Read Full »

Are stings, breast lump, bruising, and hair fall signs of cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. I am feeling stings in my upper body for quite some time. The stings are sometimes in my chest and sometimes in my lower abdomen. They last for nearly 40 seconds, but are occasional. And there is a lump in my right breast. It is a solid lump and it does not ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First calm down and be relaxed. By stings I understand sting like sensation that lasts for 40 seconds. I need more details on that. Do they occur more when you are tensed? Because, it is rare. Second problem you said was that you have a lump in the breast, which is solid ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for tender lump on breast?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. My BMI is 22, I am a non-smoker with no ongoing conditions like diabetes. I am not breastfeeding and have never been pregnant. I developed mastitis very suddenly about three weeks ago, by that evening I was in A and E with a lump the size of an egg in one br...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me assure you that there are no cancers which come suddenly and settles with antibiotics. One breast cancer which progresses over a few period is inflammatory carcinoma of the breast but it does not come in days and settle with antibiotics. You have a breast absc...  Read Full »

I have breast lump with pain and itching. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old female, I never had any children and I have been on Depo-Provera for almost 17 years. Although I am a heavy smoker, I do not get sick very often. A few years ago I found lumps in my breast(s) which were not painful but I did visit a doctor and he said it was just t...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned some years ago, there were lumps in your breast. These can indicate that you have fibroadenosis/ fibroadenoma. In some occassions since it is a hyperplastic cystic disease (where cells are multiplying rapidly), it can be a little painful. Since there w...  Read Full »

What to do for breast lumps with sensitivity in the nipple and vaginal itching?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two problems. One is with my breasts. I have lumps in my breasts, and the nipples curve inward sometimes. They are sensitive to touch. I need to know if this could be breast cancer or just a growth. My other problem is my vagina. I have been having problems for over a month. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You said that your breast has a lump. If the lump is central and your areola is bulging out than a normal developing breast with a solid and hard lump, then you should consult a doctor. Increased sensitivity is also because of your age. Secondly, vaginal itching and di...  Read Full »