Breast Lump

Please interpet the ultrasound report of a lump in my breast.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old and having a lump on my breast and was advised to do an ultrasound. I have my images and would like to know if there is anything to worry about. No family history of breast cancer.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please share the images for a detailed discussion.  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about breast lump?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old mother of a 11 months old. Today, I found a red, inflammation on the surface of left breast on the lower side. It is a lump kind of stuff. I am doubtful whether it is cancer. I did not see any other symptoms of breast cancer as other things look normal. I am so worried....  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An inflamed lump is unlikely to be a cancer. This is an often occurrence in women with babies being breastfed. It occurs due to an infection. However, any lump must be examined by a breast surgeon and if required a sample of the tissue taken in order to ascertain the ca...  Read Full »

I have many lumps in breasts that are painful during periods. Are they fibroadenomas?

Query: Hello doctor, I have many lumps in both breasts for the last few years. All these lumps were diagnosed, and we got to know that these are fibroadenomas. But still, I am tensed. What diet should I take and how to proceed further with the treatment so that it does not turn into something worse? I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Roli Agarwal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Fibroadenosis is a benign condition and it rarely worsens.It has relation with periods, and it is painful just before periods.There is nothing should be done about it until it affects your quality of life. I suggest you tablet Evion (Vitamin E) once daily for a month.For fu...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for sudden painful lump in the breast of a lactating mother?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is breastfeeding my nine months baby. Suddenly from today morning, her left breast got a lump, and it is painful. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. Can you tell me if she has any fever as well. Is she having more than the required quantity of milk, what the baby is demanding? Any problem in the right breast? Any history of similar complaints? Is your baby ...  Read Full »

What could be the small itchy red spot on the breast?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two months, I found a red dot on my breast. It does not hurt, but it is itchy sometimes. What should I do? When I am sweating it gets more red and itchy. I have this from six weeks ago. After three weeks, it got better and almost disappeared, but now it got again bigge...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on the pictures and your description, it does not look like any pimple or infection at present. It looks like a small inflammatory spot, mostly secondary to some ...  Read Full »

Do lumps in the breast mean breast cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife noticed a small lump in the left armpit. We went to a gynecologist and she said nothing to worry as the lump was painful. With her medicines, the lump became small, but did not completely vanish. So, we went to a general surgeon. She found two lumps in the breast and referred for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sivaprakash Rathinasamy

Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is not cancer. It is a type of tumor in breast, which can occur commonly in this age group. It will not turn malignant. If you want to double confirm, then ask your doctor for FNAC needle test (...  Read Full »

Is it mandatory to remove lump behind the nipple with mild mastitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a mammogram and ultrasound done for a lump behind my nipple. I am breastfeeding my ten months old and it does not appear to be a blocked duct. It is painful while feeding. It is present for two weeks and awaiting mammogram results. I would like to have clarification of films...  Read Full »

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand your concern. First of all, there is no suspicious mass on the mammogram (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Secondly, breast tissue is more prominent on the right, which might happen during lactation depending on which side you use m...  Read Full »

Why do I have a small lump beneath my nipple?

Query: Hi im a 13 year old boy. I have recently noticed a small lump beneath my nipple and was wondering if this is normal? The lump is not too hard but not soft and the same time. Kind of rubbery. I haven’t noticed any other changes so far.   Read Full »

Dr. Gerardo David

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Good Day, I am Dr. David. Since when did you exactly notice the lump? Did it grow in size since then. Any change of color on the skin over the lump? Did you notice dimpling of the skin over it? And is it painful when you touch it? I would also like to know if you have relatives that also had this?...  Read Full »

Can breast cancer grow in four weeks?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from anxiety around the health issues, cancer and tend to obsess about things. I have been fixating on my breasts and keep thinking I feel lumps. My doctor suggested to get an ultrasound four weeks ago for my peace of mind and they were perfectly fine. Tonight, I was scratc...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It is absolutely normal to have some anxiety. All human beings are anxious for something. It depends how we make use of it. Any lump in the breast has to be evaluated. If you still feel something inside, then you can consult a surgeon and l...  Read Full »

Can fibroadenoma of the breast pain during the fertile days?

Query: I am 29 years old, a mother of a 17months toddler. Two years ago I was suspected to have fibroadenoma on the right breast by a doctor who's only done the ultrasound, because I haven't accept to do the biopsy. On the report it is written by the doctor Ultrasonographic bilaterally dense glandular par...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, I have gone through your narration of symptoms. With the history of pain occuring around the periods time, it is more likely to be Fibroadenosis rather than Fibriadenoma.. I would like to assure you not worry about either of this conditions as both of them are only benign conditions and not ca...  Read Full »