Common "Breast Lump" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Breast Lump

A breast lump occurs as swelling or protuberance or a bulge or a bump in the breast that appears different from the breast tissue. The causes are infection, trauma, fibroadenoma, cyst, fat necrosis, and breast cancer. It is necessary to have a physical examination by consulting a doctor while having changes in the breast. Taking a Mammogram and ultrasound help to diagnose the abnormalities of the breast. Treatment depends on the cause. If it occurs due to infection, antibiotics are taken to treat it. If it occurs due to breast cancer, they are treated by doing chemotherapy and mastectomy.