Q. I have lumps in breast with sensitive nipple and vaginal itching. What to do?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
Published on Oct 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 24, 2019

I have two problems. One is with my breasts. I have lumps in my breasts, and the nipples curve inward sometimes. They are sensitive to touch. I need to know if this could be breast cancer or just a growth. My other problem is my vagina. I have been having problems for over a month. I am having severe cramps that feel like the cramps I used to get on my period. My birth control pills eliminate the pain during my cycle, in the lower abdomen. It is sensitive to the touch. About one and a half months ago, I got treatment for yeast infection and now taking probiotics. I still have the itch, so they gave me more yeast pills, that has gone away. I also notice a loss in my weight and appetite. I do not feel hungry most of the time and feel full. I am getting sick in the night or in the morning, where I feel like vomiting. My stomach hurts a lot. I am very tired a lot more than normal.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You said that your breast has a lump. If the lump is central and your areola is bulging out than a normal developing breast with a solid and hard lump, then you should consult a doctor. Increased sensitivity is also because of your age. Secondly, vaginal itching and discharge, if any, then you have to take treatment for that. It will be recurring if you are not maintaining proper hygiene. Drink more water so that your urine has very few bacteria and less chance of infection. Change your underwear more frequently during your periods. If possible, use cotton underwear, change more pads during your periods. Do not use an antiseptic solution near your vaginal area as it also cleans the normal bacteria which is required. Continue your medicines as per now and follow these measures, and you will have less chance of getting an infection.

Thirdly as your age increases, you are going to have a wide variety of emotional changes. Some of them are good and some you may not like but will find a way as time passes. So do not worry.

Breast Cancer Screening: How and When to Begin

Article Overview: Breast cancer is a leading cause of morbidity among females. An early diagnosis will help in better treatment and have a good prognosis. I have tried to provide a small insight into how and when to start screening for breast cancer in females. This article will provide you the necessary information in simplest possible terminologies. Read Article

Dr. Santosh Badaku Desai
Medical Oncologist

Importance of Breast Cancer Screening Every woman needs to know how and when she should get herself screened for breast cancer. As the incidence of breast cancer is gradually increasing in developing as well as the developed world, it is important to look for cancer before there are any obvious symp...  Read Article

I am having severe vaginal itching in the night. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past few weeks, I have had severe vaginal itching. It goes on all night and sometimes during the day. I have not slept properly for the past few weeks. I have not experienced this level of itching before and for such a long time. Once this started, I used Lactacyd to alleviate the...  Read Full »