Q. How to resolve vaginal itching and dryness?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

I am suffering from itchy and dry vagina for the past six months. It has been on and off. Because of that I do not feel good and always in a frustrated mood. Please help me.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

This could be due to fungal infections or any type of infection inside the vagina. This also can occur if you are on birth control pills as well as if nearing menopause.

Keeping these in mind, first do a vaginal swab test. Then, I suggest applying candid vaginal cream (Clotrimazole) at bedtime and take plenty of yogurt with breakfast.

Let me know the swab test report as well as other parameters as enquired by me.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I am 26 years old. I neither had any birth control pill nor near menopause. I have applied vaginal wash, a clean and dry cream and Clotrimazole vaginal cream. But, it is still present. Due to this I am always in a frustrated mood. Sometimes, I overeat.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Just stop using those creams as well as a vaginal wash gel.
  • Do not even wash with water as it washes out the natural secretion as well as bacteria from your vagina. Do not touch it inside, just leave it alone.
  • Apply some Premarin ointment (conjugated estrogen) vaginally at bedtime on alternate day for one month. This will help you. Consult your specialist doctor and take the treatment with consent.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I will stop using the cream. Also, I will not wash with water. But, what to do while bathing or any other activity? If I do not wash, then my vaginal area skin starts peeling. It is very light in color, but no odor. Because of this, I feel itchy.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Your skin is peeling off due to excessive washing. So, do not do it. After urinating, just swab the labia very mildly without putting any water inside. Just follow it strictly without any soap or scent inside.
  • Apply some Premarin ointment at bedtime on alternate day inside vagina. Also, eat plenty of yogurt as advised before.
  • Wear cotton garments with frequent changes and avoid the use of condoms.

| 

While bathing, water will definitely go inside. How to stop this? Should I stop using soap for bathing? What if I use Premarin ointment regularly? Is there any side effect? I want this problem to solve permanently. I do not want this thing again. Really, it is irritating me.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• During bathing, some amount of water will go naturally. That is acceptable if you do not bathe in the pond.
  • Do not use soap there. This is a straight cut advice.
  • Premarin ointment will help you to regenerate the skin and moisture you have lost by repeated washing. No problem if you use it as advised.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|