Q. I am having severe vaginal itching in the night. Why?

Dr. Bharat Patodiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 30, 2019

For the past few weeks, I have had severe vaginal itching. It goes on all night and sometimes during the day. I have not slept properly for the past few weeks. I have not experienced this level of itching before and for such a long time. Once this started, I used Lactacyd to alleviate the itch, but that has not worked. Please help me before I go out of my mind.

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Oncology
#

• It looks like you have developed vaginal moniliasis, a type of fungal infection.
  • If you are sexually active, then your partner also needs to be treated or else the infection will relapse.
  • If you are not sexually active, then you should do the following with your doctor consent.
  1. Immediate dose of Fluconazole (150 mg).
  2. Maintain vaginal hygiene.
  3. Get evaluated for deranged blood sugar level, less likely since you are young.
  4. Candid-V (Clotrimazole) vaginal pessary to be used in vagina for seven nights.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|