Q. Is it normal to feel tired and sleepy when recovering from bronchitis?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 04, 2019

I am recovering from bronchitis and a viral infection. I had high fever and cough, but not much sputum. I took Cefoprim antibiotics. It has been two weeks now. I still have a cough and feeling very tired. I also feel very sleepy. Please tell me if this is expected.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

#

Welcome to cliniq.com.

• The recovery from a viral illness may take time some time. Also, there is an excessive weakness because of the past fever. Your body needs time to recover from that. You will need to take multivitamins and minerals.
  • If you still have a cough, it indicates persistent post-viral bronchitis. You may needs steroids to reduce the inflammation.You have to take bed rest and a healthy diet containing boiled eggs and green vegetables.
  • I suggest the following medicines:
  1. Tablet L. Montus (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) at night.
  2. Tablet Doxolin M (Doxofylline) half tablet twice a day.
  3. Tablet Proxym XT (Etodolac) 200 in case of a severe body pain.
  4. Capsule Rabemac DSR (Rabeprazole and Domperidone) once a day on an empty stomach.
  5. Take all the above for five days. Also, take capsule Rx plus (herbal extracts and multimineral capsule) daily for 15 days after food.
  6. Take injection Hydrocortisone 200 mg IV if your cough is not relieved with the above medicines within three days. Make sure you do not have diabetes before taking the steroids.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full »

Can a viral infection increase the ESR level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male. My recent blood report shows high ESR level (48 mm/hr). I am having a cough, fever, and a headache since eight days. The doctor told me that I have a viral infection, and has given me antibiotics and a cough syrup. Please guide.  Read Full »

Will Prevacid help with the symptoms of GERD?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with GERD six years ago. I have gained 10 pounds of weight and I started having phlegm in my throat. I am coughing more to get the phlegm out of my throat. I am currently taking Prevacid (over-the-counter) once a day in the morning. The phlegm and coughing does not seem ...  Read Full »