Q. Why does bruise reappears after stopping the vitamin supplements?

and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jun 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 17, 2019

I get bruising easily. My blood reports are fine, and the bruise gets clear with vitamin C and K tablets but occurs again when I stop the medicine. Why?

Hematology Pathology
#

Kindly mention since how long you have such problem? And mention the duration of the treatment. In such easy bruising case, the causes like liver disease, low platelet count, and coagulation abnormality have to be ruled out. You have investigated for that, and all the parameters are within the range. So if your problem is since a few days, then you can continue oral vitamin C that is Limcee and topical vitamin K.

If the problem continues, then consult nearby hematologist for detailed evaluation. Hematologist might evaluate further in the form of fibrinogen estimation and full coagulation profile testing. I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Can vitamin C induce periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I am approximately 95 kg weight. I am in need of emergency contraception due to failed birth control. I will be ovulating tomorrow, so I am at a high risk of unwanted pregnancy. I obtained and took a 1.5 mg dose of Levonorgestrel (Plan B pill); however I have...  Read Full »

Can low G6PD level cause hemolytic anemia?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I did a series of blood tests to check my pre-existing G6PD deficiency. The results showed low G6PD levels of 0.4 units/gram of hemoglobin. I have read that anything below 10 % of the normal range can cause hemolytic anemia. Please suggest.  Read Full »

My daughter gets bruises on her legs without any injury. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, This query is regarding my 8 year old daughter. She has been constantly getting bruises on her legs. We think this bruise occurs automatically and may not be due to injury. We have been noticing these bruises for the past 6 to 7 years. It fades away automatically after few days. We c...  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now