Q. Why does bruise reappears after stopping the vitamin supplements?

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 17, 2019

I get bruising easily. My blood reports are fine, and the bruise gets clear with vitamin C and K tablets but occurs again when I stop the medicine. Why?

#

Kindly mention since how long you have such problem? And mention the duration of the treatment. In such easy bruising case, the causes like liver disease, low platelet count, and coagulation abnormality have to be ruled out. You have investigated for that, and all the parameters are within the range. So if your problem is since a few days, then you can continue oral vitamin C that is Limcee and topical vitamin K.

If the problem continues, then consult nearby hematologist for detailed evaluation. Hematologist might evaluate further in the form of fibrinogen estimation and full coagulation profile testing. I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

|