Vitamin C

I am diagnosed with narcolepsy. How to confirm it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 17-year-old with height 5'8" and weight 118. My doctor has clinically diagnosed me with narcolepsy. He said that I show every sign and symptom I did not meet the requirements on the MSLT. He believes that I still have it. He did blood work, and my iron and vitamin C came back low....  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of the diagnosis is made based on the patient's history of complaints, examination done by the doctor and supported by investigations. The investigations most of the time play a crucial role for example if I suspect diabetes in a patient and his blood sugar test...  Read Full »

My butt and skin between my thighs got dark. What is the cause and cure?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an issue related to my skin, and my skin got dark between my thighs in the private part, and also butt got dark. And I have like dull skin near my private part and in the butt. My upper and down surface is fine. What is the issue and cure?  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The skin of these parts are naturally darker than rest of body, especially in skin types from three to six. This pigmentation can be reduced by regular application of Vitamin C and Kojic acid-containing combination products to these areas. Add antioxidants to your di...  Read Full »

Is aloe vera juice good for hemorrhoids?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from hemorrhoids. It is not an ongoing case. It just happened due to severe constipation. Apart from medicine, which is better for external hemorrhoids? Is it Aloe vera gel or lemon juice? Is there a good painkiller for such situation? I tried Panadol and it worked fine, b...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. We need to keep stools soft, which will decrease the pressure and symptoms of hemorrhoids. Our foods should be rich in dietary fiber, as it forms the bulk content of stool and will keep water with it so that the stool wi...  Read Full »

I am getting bruises on my legs over the past two weeks. What is the reason for it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female, with height 163 cm and weight 68 kg. I have been getting bruising on my legs over the past two weeks for no apparent reason. My veins have become very visible and prominent and have also started bruising. In this time I have noticed roughly a dozen bruises. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to rule out the underlying cause for peripheral neuropathy like diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, thyroid issue, calcium deficiency, B12 deficiency, etc. For that color doppler leg, random blood sugar estimation, serum TSH estimation, serum B12 estimati...  Read Full »

Can I take Combiflam for fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever and cold for the past three days. I am taking Calpol and Combiflam. How can I get cured?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a viral or allergic upper respiratory tract infection. Calpol and Combiflam (Ibuprofen with Paracetamol) both should not be used at a time. Use only one drug among these two as they are anti-inflammatory and analgesic. You can also take Vitamin C 500 mg twice a...  Read Full »

What is foliate papillitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old female, who has an inflamed looking foliate papillae on right side of the tongue towards the back, it has been like this for more than three weeks now. It has not gotten better or worse, pretty much looks the same. It creates this feeling of something stuck in the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lesion on the tongue (attachment removed to protect patient identity) appears to be an ulcerative lesion. You should get yourself examined by an ENT specialist because I think a biopsy might be required. As you might have taken antibiotics for tooth infection, the t...  Read Full »

I have dark spots on my face. Would Calamine lotion work?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 15-year-old suffering from dark spots on the face. They are dark brown, and my usual skin tone is golden brown. I developed acne when I first started puberty, and I picked at my face, which caused these scars. I have tried Vitamin C, and Mederma gel to lighten them, but nothing wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Goud B

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have acne scars and dark spots caused due to acne. Acne is usually age-related because of hormonal changes. However, I suggest you undergo PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy for the scars if they are bothering you. For dark spots, you may use ...  Read Full »

Please tell all the ways vitamin C affects the immune system.

Query: Hello doctor, Please tell all the ways vitamin C affects the immune system.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ways of how vitamin C affects the immune system: It improves: 1. Antimicrobial and natural killer cell activities. 2. Lymphocytes proliferation. 3. Chemotaxis. 4. Delayed type hypersensitivity. 5. Contributes to maintaining redox integrity of the cells. 6. S...  Read Full »

How to get the black line off my nose?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a horizontal black line on my nose from the past seven years. During the time of menses, it looks lighter, but on the other days, it looks darker. I applied everything from lemon juice, potato juice, cucumber, kojic cream, etc. But nothing works. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern may be post inflammatory hyper pigmentation or melasma. I suggest you try Lumacip plus (a combination of Fluocinolone topical, Hydroquinone topical and Tretinoin topical) cream. It is a triple combination cream. You can apply the cream on the pigmentation...  Read Full »

Will taking Heptagon cure fatty liver?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering with fatty liver grade 2. My age is 28 years and weight is 72 kg. I am taking a medicine called Heptagon for the last two months which was given by my local doctor. I just want to know how much day it will take to cure my disease? And also any advice for me for fast re...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fatty liver cannot be treated by medications alone. You are taking Multivitamin tablet according to history. Kindly post photo of your medication to check its content. For fatty liver, Udiliv 300 mg daily can be useful. I suggest you take low fat diet and regular...  Read Full »