Q. Is brushing teeth within half an hour of acidic beverage consumption harmful?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Please tell me if this statement is true or not. I have been told that if you brush your teeth within a half hour after drinking or eating anything acidy, such as coffee, beer, or tea, it could actually brush the acid into your teeth, causing more damage than brushing. The problem is that after each meal, I usually have the time to brush my teeth. A half-hour later, I am involved with something else and my teeth are the last thing that I am thinking about. Neither my dentist nor anyone else has directly answered my question.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

There is no problem in brushing immediately after a meal. Such acidic foods damage teeth only if they remain in the mouth more than half an hour which cause some surface calcium loss due to the formation of calcium carbonate after salivary acids and other acidic foods react with tooth calcium.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|