Q. Is brushing teeth within half an hour of acidic beverage consumption harmful?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Please tell me if this statement is true or not. I have been told that if you brush your teeth within a half hour after drinking or eating anything acidy, such as coffee, beer, or tea, it could actually brush the acid into your teeth, causing more damage than brushing. The problem is that after each meal, I usually have the time to brush my teeth. A half-hour later, I am involved with something else and my teeth are the last thing that I am thinking about. Neither my dentist nor anyone else has directly answered my question.

#

There is no problem in brushing immediately after a meal. Such acidic foods damage teeth only if they remain in the mouth more than half an hour which cause some surface calcium loss due to the formation of calcium carbonate after salivary acids and other acidic foods react with tooth calcium.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

How to Prevent Dental Erosion?

Article Overview: Dental erosion is the wearing away of the tooth structure by acids. This article discusses in detail the causes and management of dental erosion. Read Article

What is Dental Erosion? Gradual dissolution of dental hard tissue by acids is termed as dental erosion. It is an irreversible loss of tooth structure. Difference Between Erosion, Abrasion and Attrition: Erosion - Chemical wear of the tooth structure by extrinsic/intrinsic acids. ...  Read Article

Yoga Poses To Manage Diabetes

Article Overview: Diabetes, a life style disorder, is affecting 6.4% population of the world. Not only the developed countries, but also the developing countries are significantly affected by it. There are various treatment approaches for managing diabetes which has been successful to certain extent. But still, prevalence of this disease is increasing and age of onset of disease is found to be decreasing. This is going to affect world's health and economy badly. Yoga, a traditional science from India, has proved its efficacy in various researches done so far. This article focuses on the role of yoga for diabetics.  Read Article

Dr. Vinod Kumar
Yoga Specialist

Diabetes mellitus is a life style associated disorder which is characterized by increased levels of blood sugar. Diagnosis of diabetes is not a temporary phenomenon but an event which affects an individual for the rest of life. Population of type 2 diabetes mellitus is on rise continuously. In 2010,...  Read Article

I have tooth pain due to broken teeth and cavities. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, What can I do for really bad pain from broken teeth, and cavities that need root canals. I am going to a dentist but what can I do in the meantime?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»