Q. How to keep breath fresh all day?

Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Sep 10, 2018

I do not have any dental issues. I have been getting regular dental checks. How do I keep my breath fresh all day?

#

It is good to know that you go for regular dental check-ups.

Breath can be kept fresh by maintaining oral hygiene.

1. Follow proper brushing technique (Bass-sulcular method).
  2. Brush once in 12 hours.
  3. Gargle after every meal.
  4. Clean your tongue daily.
  5. You can use floss or interdental brushes if required.
  6. Drink adequate water and eat fruits and vegetables.
  7. Artifical fresheners like gums or mouthwashes should not be used continuously as it may cause dryness or discoloration. You can use them sometimes.

The basic oral hygiene maintenance is more than enough to keep you healthy and fresh. Take care.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Halitosis or Bad Breath: Causes and Management

Article Overview: In this article, read all about halitosis or bad breath. Read Article

Each one of us have come across a condition which is designated in lay man's language as bad breath and medically as halitosis. What Is Halitosis? It simply refers to a feeling of having a bad breath with which no one feels comfortable. This condition affects around 20 to 25 % of the population in...  Read Article

How to Prevent Bad Breath or Halitosis?

Article Overview: This article discusses the causes and management of bad breath which is also called halitosis. Read Article

Dr. Osman Adam
Dentist

Halitosis or a foul odor that comes from the mouth is not a medical emergency, but at least 25 to 30 percent of the world's population complains about this problem. Types: Halitosis can be described in two classes: Bad breath in the morning, which is a normal physiological change. However, it c...  Read Article