Brushing Habit

How often should you brush your teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, How many times a day should I brush my teeth? I recently bought an electronic toothbrush with five modes. I am not new to electronic toothbrushes. I brush my teeth in sensitive mode and I used to wash them three times a day after having food. Sometimes, especially after I had my teeth c...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Welcome to icliniq.com. The best oral hygiene maintenance method is to brush your teeth with a soft or medium toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. The electronic toothbrush does not offer any real additional benefit to normal individuals. It is the movements of the toothbrush made by our hands that b...  Read Full »

Why does my 15-month-old baby have discolored teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 15 months old. Her weight is 8.2 kg and height is 80 cm. Her food includes apple, rice, green gram, vegetables along with breast milk. But, I am not adding sugar or salt. I am giving her Ostocalcium, vitamin D and multivitamins as suggested by her pediatrician. She has got ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white discoloration (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is the demineralization of enamel on the surface of teeth. It occurs due to prolonged sticking of food items, especially mother's milk after feeding. It is very simple to prevent the formation of cav...  Read Full »

What can be the causes of bad breath despite good oral hygiene?

Query: My teenage daughter has struggled with bad breath for at least two years. She has impeccable teeth cleaning habits and visitors dentist every 6 months. I can’t help but believe It has something to do with sinuses or perhaps tonsils. Any ideas/thoughts on this? This causes her to be very self cons...  Read Full »

Dr. Wajid Hassan

Dentist

Answer: Hi, How are you. Sorry to hear about your daughter. Teenager has a problem of not having good oral hygiene. I will give some tips and hopefully it will be reduced. Buy an electric toothbrush if you dont have one. The good thing is the all electric brush has a timer in it. When you start it with pus...  Read Full »

What are the steps that should be taken to prevent spreading of early childhood caries?

Query: Hi doctor, I think my 21-month-old kid might have dental caries. I think my daughter has an early childhood caries. She has brown spots in the front four teeth at the back and a hole on one front tooth. We brush her teeth twice daily so I have no idea how this has happened.  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture you have sent is not clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but yes early childhood caries is common in infants. I understand your concern because you are taking good care by brushing twice. For now, I will suggest the following. 1. If...  Read Full »

Why am I having brown colored spit after brushing teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have not brushed my teeth in a while due to being incredibly busy, I am going to start taking my toothbrush with me. But anyways, I have some gaps in between my teeth and when I spit out after brushing my teeth there’s a bit of brown liquid in there. I do not know if that is j...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. Firstly, the brownish colour every time you spit out after brushing could be the food debris along with some bleeding of gums. This is because of the white chalky substance layered on to the tooth surfaces on ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for bad breath even after brushing?

Query: Hello doctor, I brush two times a day, and also whenever I wake up from small nap, I brush my teeth. But, my mouth smells after 30 minutes of brushing. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Start using antibacterial or Chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash. This is best for bad breath, stinking mouth and halitosis. Use three times a day for two weeks. Another very helpful method for the cure of bad breath is saline water mouth rinses. Take a small cup of l...  Read Full »

My son is 2.5 years old and he has pain in one of his front tooth. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2.5 years old and he has pain in one of his front tooth. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Take your son to any dentist especially a pedodontist soon and get it checked properly. It is the right age to take your son. Keep his teeth clean with cloth and water or some paste on a kids brush and clean teeth in vertical direction very gently. Do not feed with b...  Read Full »

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full »

How to brush after removing a tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, How to brush after removing a tooth? Two days ago I got it done. How to know if I have a dry socket and what are the ways to prevent it?  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavika Gandhi

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keep usual brushing habit after the removal of your teeth. No need to worry about brushing habit. Use mouthwash twice a day after brushing your teeth. Take care of the wound, like after taking any food make sure that you gargle your mouth with lukewarm water. Do not ...  Read Full »

What ppm and percentage of fluoride in a toothpaste are good for adults?

Query: Hello doctor, What ppm and percentage of fluoride are good for adults? I am trying to figure out what kind of toothpaste is good, but I hate mint, so I am trying to check the percentages of fluoride that is good for an adult.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fluoride content can be around 1000 to 1200 ppm which is more than enough for the prevention of cavities. No need to go higher than that. More important is the proper brushing technique. Go for up-down or circular brushing technique without too much pressure onto the...  Read Full »