Brushing Habit

My son is 2.5 years old and he has pain in one of his front tooth. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2.5 years old and he has pain in one of his front tooth. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Take your son to any dentist especially a pedodontist soon and get it checked properly. It is the right age to take your son. Keep his teeth clean with cloth and water or some paste on a kids brush and clean teeth in vertical direction very gently. Do not feed with b...  Read Full »

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full »

How to brush after removing a tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, How to brush after removing a tooth? Two days ago I got it done. How to know if I have a dry socket and what are the ways to prevent it?  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavika Gandhi

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keep usual brushing habit after the removal of your teeth. No need to worry about brushing habit. Use mouthwash twice a day after brushing your teeth. Take care of the wound, like after taking any food make sure that you gargle your mouth with lukewarm water. Do not ...  Read Full »

What ppm and percentage of fluoride in a toothpaste are good for adults?

Query: Hello doctor, What ppm and percentage of fluoride are good for adults? I am trying to figure out what kind of toothpaste is good, but I hate mint, so I am trying to check the percentages of fluoride that is good for an adult.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fluoride content can be around 1000 to 1200 ppm which is more than enough for the prevention of cavities. No need to go higher than that. More important is the proper brushing technique. Go for up-down or circular brushing technique without too much pressure onto the...  Read Full »

Kindly give your suggestion on vitamin supplements for a 15 months old.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 15 months old. Her weight is 8.2 kg and height is 80 cm. One of the Pediatricians suggested me to give two supplements to her as follows. Osteocalcium 5 mL per day, which contains Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12 and Calcium phosphate and JusDee 60K granules one sachet per month,...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are child's weight is lower than normal for the age. Hope she does not have any health or developmental issues. The weight goes with her birth weight and nutrition. Height is good. So probably, I would expect either under nutrition or a delay in growth spurts. As f...  Read Full »

Is brushing teeth within half an hour of acidic beverage consumption harmful?

Query: Hello doctor, Please tell me if this statement is true or not. I have been told that if you brush your teeth within a half hour after drinking or eating anything acidy, such as coffee, beer, or tea, it could actually brush the acid into your teeth, causing more damage than brushing. The problem is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no problem in brushing immediately after a meal. Such acidic foods damage teeth only if they remain in the mouth more than half an hour which cause some surface calcium loss due to the formation of calcium carbonate after salivary acids and other acidic food...  Read Full »

I have not brushed as regularly as you should. How to stop tooth from hurting?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 18 years old and due to many personal reasons, I have not brushed my teeth regularly as you should, I might have brushed 10 times in the last two years. I cannot see a dentist due to my situation but I want to change my life now that I am older. My top left molar hurts a little whe...  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We will not judge. It is alright. You can still have your teeth in good condition but you have to keep brushing twice every day. Just follow this. Take Amoxicillin or Augmentin 500 mg tablet twice a day after meal for three days. Take one multivitamin tablet ever...  Read Full »

My 14 months old son's top four teeth look rough and are crumbling. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a very concerned father of a 14 months old boy. His first six teeth came in, but the top four teeth look quite rough and are crumbling. His bottom two teeth seem fine. He is still almost exclusively breastfed, as he does not like to eat food, and seldom opens his mouth. I believe...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The upper front teeth show early childhood caries lesion resulting in decay. You need start giving him other semi-solid food and reduce exclusive breastfeeding. After every breastfeeding,...  Read Full »

My son is screaming when we step into dentist's office. How to fix this?

Query: Hello doctor, My 3 year old son is with really bad teeth. He is not even letting the doctors near to him. I have to tussle even to brush his teeth. I really need to get this fixed. He has a couple of cavities, decayed tooth and he has broken one when he fell down, being his tooth was probably weak. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two things you could do. The first option is ask your dentist to give him a mild inhalation anesthesia, which will calm him down and then, he could do all his necessary treatments in one go, but you have to take him in forcefully. The second option is you co...  Read Full »

How many times a day should I brush my teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, How many times a day should I brush my teeth? I recently bought an electronic toothbrush with five modes. I am not new to electronic toothbrushes. I brush my teeth in sensitive mode and I used to wash them three times a day after having food. Sometimes, especially after I had my teeth c...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Welcome to icliniq.com. The best oral hygiene maintenance method is to brush your teeth with a soft or medium toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. The electronic toothbrush does not offer any real additional benefit to normal individuals. It is the movements of the toothbrush made by our hands that b...  Read Full »