I have bumps on my penis head and foreskin. Please help.

Q. Are bumps on penis head suggestive of a sexually transmitted infection?

I have noticed a cluster of bumps on the head of my penis and inside my foreskin. They do not cause any discomfort, itching, or burning. I am uncertain whether these are related to an STD (sexually transmitted disease) or if they might be Fordyce bumps.

#

We welcome you to icliniq family.

I appreciate the confidence you place in me for your healthcare consultation. I understand your concern.

Based on your descriptions and the provided pictures, it appears you may be dealing with genital herpes.

1. Have you had a history of unprotected sexual intercourse?

2. Since you are not experiencing symptoms like itching or burning, it is important to clarify if this is the first occurrence or if you have had recurrent episodes. Recurrent episodes may not necessarily involve itching or burning.

3. Has your partner reported any similar symptoms?

4. I recommend undergoing testing for HSV IgM and IgG (herpes simplex virus immunoglobulin G and M) levels. Additionally, consider testing for anti-HCV, HBsAg, and HIV.

5. If the investigation confirms herpes genitalis, it is advisable to consult your general physician or a nearby dermatologist for further guidance. Treatment options may include starting with Acyclovir 400 milligrams three times a day and applying 5 percent Acyclovir ointment twice daily for five days.

Thank you for consulting me.

You can always come back and reach me at icliniq.com.

|