Q. How to determine if my penile bumps are related to any STDs?

Dr. N. Ashok Viswanath

I noticed a bump on my penis today. I am trying to determine if it is related to STD. I did not have any past episodes of such penile bumps. I masturbate four times a week, and I had unprotected sex with two sexual partners last year.

Could it be a wart?

Kindly help.

#

I acknowledge your query and the images attached with this query (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

The images do not look like a human papillomavirus wart or any other sexually transmitted infection. It seems like a benign self-limiting condition called Fordyce spots. It is a self-limiting condition often associated with aging, oily skin, and high blood cholesterol level. Unless it is not associated with pain and itching, you need not worry. Keep your genitals clean and oil-free. And also reduce the fat and oily foods.

Take care.

Fordyce spots.

|