HomeAnswersInfectious Diseasesbumps on penisCould my penile bump be a wart if I had unprotected sex with two sexual partners?

How to determine if my penile bumps are related to any STDs?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 13, 2021
Reviewed AtNovember 22, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I noticed a bump on my penis today. I am trying to determine if it is related to STD. I did not have any past episodes of such penile bumps. I masturbate four times a week, and I had unprotected sex with two sexual partners last year.

Could it be a wart?

Kindly help.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I acknowledge your query and the images attached with this query (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

The images do not look like a human papillomavirus wart or any other sexually transmitted infection. It seems like a benign self-limiting condition called Fordyce spots. It is a self-limiting condition often associated with aging, oily skin, and high blood cholesterol level. Unless it is not associated with pain and itching, you need not worry. Keep your genitals clean and oil-free. And also reduce the fat and oily foods.

Take care.

The Probable causes

Fordyce spots.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. N. Ashok Viswanath
Dr. N. Ashok Viswanath

Infectious Diseases

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Infectious Diseases

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy