Q. I have red bumps on penis head. Kindly help in this regard.

Answered by Dr. Ashwini V Swamy and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bumps On Penis or Genital Warts? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been experiencing this occurrence of red bumps on my penis head. Initially, it all started with pain with retraction of foreskin and blisters on the foreskin. To this, I applied candid B cream for three days, this situation was resolved. I stopped applying candid B cream, next day I could spot red bumps again. After this I consulted a urologist he asked me to run through certain blood tests like HBsAg, HIV, HepC and HSV everything came negative and only I was tested positive for HSV type-1.

The urologist examined the condition and told me nothing to worry and asked me to continue with Candid-B if I ever experience the same. After the consultation, I continued to apply it for about a week and discontinued. I could not spot any bumps after discontinuing for about four days and then in the morning, I could spot some red bumps.

And the main part is these red bumps after applying Candid-B cream, it vanishes and these bumps do not ache or it does not itch nor it oozes blood or pus. Kindly help me in this regard.