Q. Is my right bundle branch block without any cardiac symptoms worrying?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

I am a 45-year-old male. My BMI is 29. I have been diagnosed with an incomplete right bundle branch block QRS duration of 97 milliseconds. I do not have high blood pressure, and I exercise daily. My doctor said no further action was needed. Do I need a cardiologist appointment for further evaluation?

Thanks.

#

Is there any family history of a cardiac issue or sudden cardiac death?

Did you ever have syncope?

Kindly attach your ECG (electrocardiogram) report to help you better.

Thanks for the reply.

1) My mother died at the age of 49 due to heart failure. The autopsy showed 10% inclusion, and the cause of death is said to be fatty heart and liver.

2) I do not have any syncope.

Thanks.

#

Your ECG (electrocardiogram) is normal (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). I wanted to see the Brugada pattern on ECG, but it is good as your ECG does not show the Brugada pattern. You should also get echocardiography as a screening test for heart function.

Regarding your mother's heart failure, what was the cause? What did the autopsy report or previous test report mention?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

I have not been able to figure out the autopsy report. My doctor read it yesterday and said there is no real cause of death. I am attaching the autopsy report.

Thanks.

#

Autopsy reports say that there was fibrosis in some parts of the heart, which may cause heart failure. Alcohol is also a cause of alcoholic cardiomyopathy and alcoholic fatty liver disease. The autopsy report did not mention genetic test results.

Do not worry; your ECG is normal. Kindly get screening echocardiography and modified ECGs done to be on the safer side.

|