Q. How can we treat deep burns?

Dr. Ankit Gupta

My eight-year-old daughter has got metal burn on her cheek left side less than 1 inch above the mouth left side and nose top.

The doctor advised Silverex ointment, tablet Taxim-O, and Flexon. But it was so dry and turned black when we applied the cream.

Is it normal? How long will it take to heal?

#

I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a profound third-degree burn with black eschar present.

I would recommend you see a plastic surgeon. Deep burns take more than 21 days to heal, and they will improve with scarring and contractures.

It is recommended to remove the eschar and cover the wound if it is a deep burn.

For more information consult a plastic surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/plastic-surgeon

|