Q. Is there any alternative to bypass surgery in an 80-year-old patient?

Dr. Prashant Valecha

The patient is suffering from acute heartache. According to the reports, he is reported with complete LBBB and coronary artery disease. Right now patient age is 80 years and most of the doctors recommend for bypass surgery. Is there any other alternative to provide immediate relief to the patient? There is suffocation, gasteric choking, and acute heart pain experienced by the patient and under SAAOL therapy.

#

Angiogram pictures of the patient show disease in all three vessels and also left main vessel 30 % (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If the left main would not be having the disease, we could have thought of angioplasty of vessel of recent attack (infarct-related artery). With his age, bypass surgery is risky but if his echo is showing good heart function then you can take a risk. Also, medications (proper intake) can also make the patient survive without symptoms if the echocardiogram is good.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|