Q. How does C-section affect the tubal ligation procedure?

Dr. Shalaka Joshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2021

I had my tubal ligation over a year ago during my fifth C-section. The doctor told me that he had a difficult time doing it because of all the scar tissue and my tubes were stuck to my ovaries. I have been worried this whole year because he did not act real confident. How does scar tissue affect the procedure? What is the likelihood that it may not have been done well and I could still get pregnant?

#

• Repeated cesarean section give rise to adhesions in the abdominal cavity. That means, during healing process the internal organ develop adhesions and they stick to each other.
  • The likelihood of the operation could be tested by doing hysterosalpingography (HSG) where dye is injected in cervix and x-ray is taken to see whether it comes out through tubes.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|