Q. What should I apply for anal itching?

Answered by Dr. Aamir Mohd and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Calamine or Severe Itching? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I feel very itchy around the anus. It feels like I need to press around the periphery for it to stop. There is no pain, just irritation. I have had hemorrhoids once before, but this is not the same. I do not feel any pimples or problems in opening bowel. I tried Glyvenol cream for a few days, but no effect. It does not feel like anything abnormal present there. Even I took a picture and nothing abnormal in it. It feels more like a rash or irritation. What can I do?