Q. What should I apply for anal itching?

Dr. Mohammad Aamir
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I feel very itchy around the anus. It feels like I need to press around the periphery for it to stop. There is no pain, just irritation. I have had hemorrhoids once before, but this is not the same. I do not feel any pimples or problems in opening bowel. I tried Glyvenol cream for a few days, but no effect. It does not feel like anything abnormal present there. Even I took a picture and nothing abnormal in it. It feels more like a rash or irritation. What can I do?

#

• You should apply Calamine lotion at the place where it is itching thrice a day for a week and take tablet Loratadine 10 mg once a day for a week.
  • I would like to review after a week and please send me the picture of it.

Revert back with the photographs to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

The solution which you suggested calmed it down, but it is not fixed. I still get the irritation if I do not apply cream. It feels like some kind of inflammation. I cannot feel any hemorrhoids or pimple, but it remains itchy like a tiny pinch. I have attached the photo for your reference.

#

I have checked the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• You should do warm sitz bath. You should sit in warm water for 15 minutes three or four times a day after you finish your toilet.
  • You should start taking high fiber diet such as green vegetables and salads.
  • Repeat the same suggested Calamine lotion and tablet Loratadine. In addition to these, you should take one more medicine which is tablet Tylenol (Acetaminophen) twice a day for 10 days. Let me know the change after 10 days. Take care

Revert back after ten days to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|