Calculus

Why are the gums lose around my teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. It feels like my front six teeth are clicking. I saw a bit of blood whilst brushing my teeth, so flossed more rigorous than usual and now I feel like they are moving. My gums look healthy and I swilled with salt water as it is supposed to be good for healing. 7 years ag...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should keep using salt water gargle as much as possible. Some mobility is common for a person who had braces in the past. Do not floss too much or too deep. Wisdom tooth eruption causes mobility all over the teeth due to its constant pushing forward. Do not worry too...  Read Full »

Can Invisalign treatment turn your teeth yellow?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently on tray five of my Invisalign. Everything has been good so far. But, yesterday, the teeth in the bottom of my mouth started to turn brown. I am worried that something is wrong. I clean my teeth three times a day after every meal. I also clean the aligners. I will attach goo...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have attached along with the complaint (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are nothing but stains and calculus. A layer of a chalk-like substance formed over the teeth surfaces especially on the back side of your lower teet...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of tartar in teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 and I rarely brush. Just a handful of months ago, I got plaque at the insides of my bottom teeth and now it has become worse with tartar and plaque. How can I get rid of it?  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Irregular maintenance of good oral hygiene (like tooth brushing) can lead to tartar or plaque deposits around the teeth and on the gums. This weakens the jaw bones and mobilizes teeth in the long run. Bad breath can also be seldom avoided. However, prevention is better ...  Read Full »

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full »

What is the hard yellow thing accumulated in lower teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a hard yellow thing accumulated in lower four teeth near gums. I do not know what it is? It just happened a few days ago.  Read Full »

Dr. Vijeta Singh

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hard yellow deposit is calculus (mineral deposits) on lower teeth which are receding your gum (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It can be apical periodontitis and/or apical periodontitis with abfraction. Please share a good picture just focusing o...  Read Full »

How can I cure gum bleeding and bad breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I have crooked teeth, four up and four down. I want to know what should be done to them to fix. I had recently started facing the problem of gum bleeding and bad smell from mouth. Some yellow decay are there inside my lower four teeth.  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the problem. It is called lower jaw insufficiency and it is an orthodontic problem with crowding in lower front teeth. The yellow layer is called dental calculus and it is a calcified dirt. I would suggest you undergo orthodontic treatment. The dentist ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for gum bleeding for a month?

Query: Hi doctor,I am facing gum bleeding for a month. No pain or any other symptoms.   Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There can be several reasons for gum bleeding.  Read Full »

I brush my teeth twice daily. Even then my teeth are yellow. What to do?

Query: Hello Doctor,    I am 18 years old. I brush my teeth twice daily. Even then my teeth are yellow.    What can I do to make my teeth appear white?   Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even after brushing twice daily, if your teeth remain yellow then there are chances of calculus deposits on your teeth. Brushing alone does not remove calculi. A painless dental procedure called scaling has to be done immediately. Scaling is a must for you at this stage b...  Read Full »

I have pain in the left molar region and bleeding gums. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have extreme pain in my left molar region, and I also have swollen gums that bleed while brushing. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your bleeding gums and gingivitis. You need to keep brushing your teeth even though it bleeds. And you also need to get your teeth cleaned (oral prophylaxis).Probable causes:Plaque. Calculus. I suggest ...  Read Full »

How to prevent bleeding on brushing?

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed light bleeding while brushing. I feel minor discomfort in the gums at the centre, top and back of the teeth. I do not have much pain. Can I apply anything externally on the gums to prevent bleeding? Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should use Betadine gargle as mouthwash twice daily for 15 days to reduce the swelling of gums and bleeding and also to keep your teeth clean. It would be better if you could go to a dentist for physical evaluation. Ask your dentist to do cleaning of your whole mouth...  Read Full »