Q. I have tartar in my teeth but no gum bleeding. Kindly help.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

I have not been the best at my oral hygiene but lately, I feel I have been way better. I am aware of the tartar and that I need a good cleaning. I brush my teeth twice a day, use mouthwash twice a day, from there I use periogen twice a day and top it off with flossing once a day. When I read about gum disease, I see a lot of stories about gum recession and discolored gums. It terrifies me. When I brush my teeth and floss, they do not bleed. I see that is a good thing but I cannot help to just think that something may be wrong. I know I can do better with my teeth and I have been trying but the anxiety haunts me on a daily basis. Can anybody help me by looking at the pictures?

#

When you get a full scaling procedure done, all the calculus seen will go away. Then, the gums will look more healthy and good. You have some recession in lower front gums due to heavy calculus buildup (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Make it a habit to get your teeth cleaned by a dentist every six months. Other than that, you have healthy gums. You can maintain them by occasionally gargling with warm salt water gargle twice a day. It gives excellent results.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|