Login      Sign Up

Q. Do stings, breast lump, bruise and hair fall predict any sort of cancer?

Answered by Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari.

Do you have a question on Cancer or Hairfall? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hi doctor,

I am an 18 year old girl. I am feeling stings in my upper body for quite some time. The stings are sometimes in my chest and sometimes in my lower abdomen. They last for nearly 40 seconds, but are occasional. And there is a lump in my right breast. It is a solid lump and it does not cause pain. I have bruises on my legs for three to four months and they are not fading. My hairs are falling too much since last month. Do the signs predict any sort of cancer?

Related Questions:
Is hair fall common after a surgery?
Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?
What is the small painless lump in the breast?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
General Medicine, Internal Medicine


Welcome to icliniq.com.

First calm down and be relaxed.

  • By stings I understand sting like sensation that lasts for 40 seconds. I need more details on that. Do they occur more when you are tensed? Because, it is rare.
  • Second problem you said was that you have a lump in the breast, which is solid and painless.
  • Normally, there may be lumps in the breast during period of menstruation and they disappear. This is called fibrocystic disease, which is a common one. The next common is fibroadenoma, which is a mobile painless swelling.
  • Do you have any family history of breast cancer or any other? I am just asking this in view of your anxiety.
  • For lump in the breast kindly consult a general surgeon. After examination he may order FNAC test (fine needle aspiration cytology) which will determine the cause.
  • The third one is bruises on your legs. Bruises normally occur with trauma.
  • Without any trauma if you have bruises then there may be problem with platelet count or blood vessel wall or on steroid medications.
  • Lastly hair fall, which is common.
  • But, when you club all the symptoms you are feared of cancer and I think it is unlikely.
  • Kindly go to a hospital for detailed examination. Further investigations what you need are FNAC from breast lump, complete blood picture, renal function, thyroid profile, random serum cortisol level.
  • I hope it will not be a big problem for you. Kindly feel relaxed.

For further information consult a pain medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pain-medicine-physician

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

I have a breast lump. Is there a possibility that it might be cancerous?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump in between my breasts. I have had it for a couple of years. Yesterday, I noticed that it got slightly bigger. Also, it became painful and red. Is there a possibility that it might be cancerous? I do not have any family history of breast cancer.  Read Full »
Dr. Anshul Varshney
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Any breast lump definitely requires evaluation for cancerous growth. However, a lot of many times, it is benign in nature called as fibroadenoma and sudden redness and pain could be due to secondary infection the fibroadenoma. However, in any cas...  Read Full »
I have a benign multinodular goiter. Is there a need for thyroidectomy?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with multinodular goiter and have done FNAC, which turned to be benign. Is there any other way to get rid of the enlargement of the goiter and the nodules? My thyroid is full of them ranging from 0.5 to 0.9 mm. What should I do? I feel lost, and I have a con...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can I see the FNAC (fine needle aspiration), and ultrasound of the thyroid reports? Do you have a family history of thyroid illness? Revert with more information to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full »
Is hair fall common after a surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, Last year, I noticed hair fall. Then, I had a surgery for appendix and post surgery my hair fall increased severely. I have checked vitamin D, B12 and ferritin levels. Everything is normal. Since, I am a vegetarian my doctor put me on some multivitamin tablets. I am also taking biotin tab...  Read Full »
Dr. Atishay Bukharia
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from acute telogen effluvium. Telogen effluvium is a self-limiting disorder and is very common after any surgical procedure. Keep taking the multivitamins and there is no need for Minoxidil because it is mainly for androgenic alopecia. If you applied it...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

My nose is always blocked and has mucus. Kindly help.
Hello doctor,My nose is always blocked and have mucus, from past four months. To open up my nostrils, I have to use Otri ...Read more »
Child is showing tantrums and speaking bad words. Kindly help.
Hello doctor, My child is 2.7 years old but is very aggressive and does what should not be done. Never listens, shows t ...Read more »
Folic Acid - Uses | Dosage | Side effects | Drug Interactions | Warnings
Folic acid is the synthetic form of folate, which is a water-soluble vitamin B9. It is the crucial ingredient in the syn ...Read more »

Also Read Answers From