Candida Albicans

Why is there no relief in skin infection around genital area even after taking medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from skin disease and three different skin infections are observed in my abdominal and genital area. Small white pits on bottom of penis and prepuce, red patch in the mid of both scrotum, and a white round patch on the inner side of thighs just touching the scrotum. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Siva Subramanian

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, you are having candidal intertrigo. So please avoid creamd containing steroid. Just use antifungal cream and powder. Lesions in scrotum and thighs are fungal lesions. ...  Read Full »

How long does it take to treat candida albicans?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with candida albicans in the throat through an endoscopy. I had a sore throat in the beginning and was misdiagnosed and given antibiotics which made things worse. I have been on Nystatin twice a day 5 ml each and Betadine twice a day for two weeks now. I have als...  Read Full »

Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Since already you have been diagnosed with candida infection there is no problem in taking one more tablet of Diflucan if you do not have any other comorbid conditions. If you want you can also try Clotrimazole oral paint for the same. The time taken depends upon your i...  Read Full »

Why is there a burning sensation in my vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old unmarried girl. I am 5 feet and 3 inches tall, and my weight is 80 kg. I usually have a white discharge. Now my major problem is that for the past one month, I started to have irritation in my vaginal area. I checked in the mirror, and it was red. I do not know whethe...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I presume from your history (unmarried) that you are not sexually active or using anything for the same purpose. If you are active, then this could be the sexually transmitted vaginal infection. It will need a full course of antibiotics and antifungal f...  Read Full »