Q. Will drug test be positive with just inhaling marijuana smoked by someone?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

When crossing a bar, I come across people smoking marijuana. Would a person test will be positive on hair or urine drug test in any situation? I am not a drug user.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

While crossing a bar, when someone smokes marijuana (Cannabis) out, there is a possibility of inhalation through the nose. Chronic exposure occurs for people who work in the bar. Sufficient amount can enter into the lung and blood, which can be tested in hair or blood. So, just crossing the marijuana smoke never makes the hair to accumulate marijuana or to make positive. There is a small chance for deposition of smoke on the hair. But, it would go off if washed while bathing.

If the hair sample is collected after the exposure of smoke without a bath, then there is a chance for the test to be positive in the hair. If the sufficient amount of smoke enters into the lungs, definitely it goes to blood. Once it reaches the blood, it needs to get excreted through urine. Hence, within 12 hours of smoke exposure, the urine may show a positive result.

For more information consult a toxicologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/toxicologist

| 

I just pass through the bar only once, and I am not working there. When inhaling marijuana for an extended period, there will be drug detected in hair or urine?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

#

No laboratory test will show drug positive if the smoke exposure is only once and if, the hair is washed before collecting it to the test.

|