Marijuana Side Effects

Will smoking weed cause laziness, dumb feel and brain fog?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a huge problem. In highschool, I smoked weed a couple of times when I was in 16-18 years of age. But now I feel lazier, dumber, my brain is constantly foggy. I am less human and less connected to the world. It feels like I am playing a video game through my eyes. I think it ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long ago was the last time you smoked weed? Did you use any other street drugs? Sometimes using marijuana can cause depersonalization-derealization symptoms. You seem to experience something like that. It can happen to anyone. Smoking weed is one of the possible...  Read Full »

Can Topamax and Marijuana be taken together?

Query: Hi doctor, I was prescribed Topamax recently for treatment of migraines. I am starting on 25 mg once a day and going up to 100 mg after one month. Are there any known interactions between Topamax and medical Marijuana? I use the former for treatment of anxiety and it is quite helpful, however, I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Marijuana and Topiramate (Topamax) both increase sedation (increased sleepiness). If both are being used simultaneously, I would advice to avoid works that require constant attention and which risk the life of others (like driving, etc.). Ask your physician to modify...  Read Full »

I am on Vyvanse, and Escitalopram and started smoking marijuana. Is it life-threatening?

Query: Hello doctor,Nearly every day, I take Vyvanse for my ADD and Escitalopram for my anxiety and depression. I do not take Vyvanse when I am not in school. Between, I am sixteen, turning seventeen soon. This summer, I began smoking marijuana nearly every single day. I want to say it was not a coping mec...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. You are right in recognizing that smoking marijuana may not be safe when you are taking Escitalopram and Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) description. Occasional smoking is relatively common but to smoke marijuana daily is harmful at your age. 2. Try to reflect what ma...  Read Full »

How can withdrawal symptoms of marijuana be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, My little brother is 20. He was previously smoking marijuana not sure what kinds in his social circles. This was about a year ago from now. Ever since then he has never been the same. We have taken him away from being able to take marijuana for a year now and still, he acts like he is...  Read Full »

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Marijuana contains cannabis, cannabis cause psychosis three times more than the general population where schizophrenia is 1 % common in the general population. It seems he has developed schizophrenia, I would suggest to take him to the psychiatrist to give him antipsych...  Read Full »

I am 22 weeks pregnant and I smoke marijuana. How long will it stay in my system?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 22 weeks pregnant. Due date is after three months. I smoked marijuana for the first few months to help with severe morning sickness. I stopped smoking probably last month. I went to a gynecologist this month, and they took a urine sample in which they tested for drugs and marijuana...  Read Full »

Dr. Nargis M Vahora

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. My advice to you that please stop taking marijuana, if you love your baby, then please stop it right now, because it affects your baby growth. And why you want your baby to suffer because of you, so please stop it and the other thing there is no safe antidote of mari...  Read Full »

How can I cure schizophrenia without drugs?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and have been prescribed anti-psychotic medication Olanzapine. I have been taking it for 2 to 3 years. I was wondering if there is an alternate route to treatment? Or if there is another solution for a possible cure? I do not want to deal with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Olanzapine is an antipsychotic medicine. Yes, Olanzapine is available in injectable form. If Olanzapine is causing some effects then it can be changed to other antipsychotic like Aripiprazole, Risperidone or Ziprasidone. You need to take medicines or injectables to keep...  Read Full »

Am I behaving crazy due to schizophrenia or Marijuana?

Query: Hello doctor, Unsure of diagnosis (could be a combination). My questions are as follows: 1. What is my diagnosis (they say schizophrenia and autism high spectrum) memorized 200 digits of pi in one day? 2. Could I not have mental illness and Marijuana was a one-time incidence? 3. If I do need med...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns about the diagnosis and problems encountered by you. Although the provided information is not sufficient to make a diagnosis of a case, but from the available description, it appears to me that you are suffering from cannab...  Read Full »

Will smoking marijuana after a root canal treatment affect healing process?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it safe or risk to my healing process, if I smoke marijuana following a root canal treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. K Shobana

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not safe to smoke marijuana after a root canal treatment. It can increase the pain in the root canal treated tooth. It delays the healing process, and it causes pain. If there is a pain, you can consider taking medications prescribed by your dentist. Stop smoking ...  Read Full »

Can drug abuse cause memory blackouts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 23 year old son. He admits to current marijuana use once or twice a week. He admits to a variety of drugs including cocaine, meth, heroin, LSD in the past year. His ex-mother in law says he currently uses cocaine and meth. He denies current drug use beyond pot. He says he has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. What we are dealing with here is a transient global amnesia (TGA). During these episodes, there is a temporary memory loss of recent events with preserved social and cognitive skills. The person typically does not remember the events of the l...  Read Full »

I feel weird after smoking marijuana. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I smoked marijuana the day before yesterday night. I was all right in the morning. When I went to college, I felt strange to my hands (especially left hand) and both the legs. But, in the noon it disappeared. When I smoked in the noon, that strange feeling came back to me again. From that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned here are the short term side effects of marijuana. Short term memory problems, fear, panic, hallucinations, anxiety, strange behavior, increased heart rate and many other psychological symptoms are all symptoms of having marijuana. If yo...  Read Full »