Q. Will cycling, a cardio exercise, lead to erectile dysfunction?

Dr. Shaiza Hashmi

I have slight BP and high cholesterol. I am looking to do cardiovascular exercise. I have a concern about the spinning cycle. Some says it affects your main part of the lower body since you put additional load on the same meaning the seat you are sitting, blood circulation reduces due to additional pressure and you may face erectile dysfunction. I have seen a few pages on the same as well. I am afraid if I could do cycling. What is your advice?

#

Hello

If you are a beginner then do not start with intense or advance workout. Choose an exercise and then slowly start it and as time passes increase its duration and holding position. Any exercise which intensely starts show harmful effects on the organs of body and overall health.

Always involve a proper healthy diet along with exercise. Just exercise without proper diet has minimal effect on health instead of it sometimes shows harmful side effects. It is better for you to start with light jogging then develop its pace, and after a month go for particular workout. Specific workout also starts slowly and then develop its pace and strength.

If you have already weakness in your body and have other health issues like cardiac, etc., then do not do exercise without proper consultation with your doctor about the present and past history of illness.

|