Q. A bulged nerve on my wrist pains on applying pressure. Is it carpal tunnel syndrome?

Dr. Abhay Vikram Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 08, 2020

Hello. I have this bulged nerve on my right wrist. This causes pain when pressure is applied. It starts to trigger the pain in my arm, shoulder and neck. For this I stopped any sternuous exercise with that hand still sometimes the pain persists. Mostly it aches at night. When I do yoga that applies pressure on the right palm and it starts aching. And the ache continues to my shoulder, even neck sometimes. This is happening since 5-6 years. I never noticed it, took it casually and never consulted a doctor before. But now its happening frequently.

I searched online and think may be this is Carpal Tunnel syndrome. What should I do about it?

#

Carpal tunnel syndrome can be because of excessive use of the wrist in flexed position. Eg : Long hours key board typing or maybe excessive use of that wrist.

I would like you to perform one test of carpal tunnel syndrome. Flex your affected wrist for 30 to 45 seconds and if the tingling sensation travels to your fingers then the test is positive.

Positive test means that you median nerve is occluded by the flexor retinaculam and the carpal bones. If the test is negative then i dont think that you are suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome.

My advice you to visit a nearby orthopaedic surgeon and get your proper examination done if the test is positive.

If you need you can ask for the appointment on this link http://icliniq.com/drvikramsingh

Thank you Takecare and get well soon

Tablet diclofenac SOS

No movement of the wrist

Follow up in 3 days

|