Common "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Carpal tunnel syndrome results from constant pressure on the hand's median nerve. It is characterized by numbness, tingling sensation, and weakness in the arms and hands. It can occur due to any anatomical defect, nerve damage, or underlying diseases. Treatment includes wrist splinting, oral medication, or surgery. In addition, relaxing the grip by taking frequent short breaks and improving posture and hot packs helps manage the syndrome.