Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

How to get rid of pain in the fingers, palm, and wrist after working on the laptop from home?

Query: Hi doctor, Now, I am working from home for eight to ten hours a day. Before six days, my laptop got backed up. For the next three days, I was working with an external keyboard and mouse by sitting on the bed instead of using my table and chair. Though I had some strain and discomfort, I continued...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention the exact location of pain. Please mention whether you have pain in your wrist or elbow or shoulder joint. Please mention whether you have hypothyroidism or diabetes. You have possible causes of neuropraxia, carpal tunnel syndrome, hypocalcemia, hypok...  Read Full »

Does a pinched nerve in the neck cause problems in wrist?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with a pinched nerve in the neck. Now, it affects my left arm. I am doing physiotherapy exercises and got some recovery. But recently, I have numbness in my hands while sleeping on one or both hands. It resolves immediately when I wake up. Is this symptom related?...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a phenomenon of double crush syndrome where two smaller compressions add to the significant issues and symptoms. You may have a compression of the median nerve at the wrist called carpal tunnel syndrome while compression on the roots of the neck can also lead t...  Read Full »

Why do I have numbness in my fingertips?

Query: Hi doctor, My thumb, index and ring fingers are all super numb at the fingertips. This numbness has lasted for five days, and now I am getting horrible sharp pains in my index finger. Previously, I have carpal tunnel syndrome.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned numbness in your hand finger tips, and the area mentioned appears to be that of median nerve region. Now, if this pain and numbness are severe and persistent, then the advice to you is to get nerve conduction study done and look for severity of compr...  Read Full »

Is carpal tunnel syndrome the cause of my wrist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bulged nerve in my right wrist. It causes pain when pressure is applied. It also causes pain in my arm, shoulder, and neck. Due to this, I stopped doing strenuous exercises using that hand. Sometimes, I have consistent pain in it. It aches a lot at night. It causes pain while ap...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhay Vikram Singh

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs due to excessive use of wrist in a flexed position. It can occur due to typing keyboards for long hours. It is good to do tests to confirm the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Flex your affected wrist for 30 to 45 seconds and if the...  Read Full »

Is ALS or MS the cause of my symptoms?

Query: Hi, I’m a 37 year old male. I’ve been experiencing some symptoms that I’m worried about. I’m mostly concerned about ALS and MS. The symptoms are as follows: 12 months ago, started having pain in left thumb when applying force with it, but not when at rest or when just mov...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Dr. Upendra here With the given complaints there is no question of either MS or ALS Let me explain one by one 1. No fasciculations are seen in MS, they are seen in ALS but they are accompanied by weakness and loss of muscle mass, and they will not subside spontaneously. 2. Pain in fingers on...  Read Full »

My palm shows alternate red and white patches with blood spots. Is this circulatory disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel tight inside my wrist and discomfort along my left arm. On observing the palms of my hands, I can see red parts with blood and other white parts without blood. I would like to know if there is a circulation disorder.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, it is not a circulation disorder. This is due to normal variation in the density of blood capillaries and thickness of the skin. The circulation disorder would manifest as episodes of pain, burning, and paleness followed by flushing. This is not suggestive o...  Read Full »

My wrist pain is better at rest and comes back on work. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have wrist pain (right wrist), tingling feeling when trying to pick something up or when writing or holding a spoon/fork (right hand), forearm gets slightly bigger when massaged and gets back to normal size when iced, pain radiated all the way to my upper back (at one certain point/...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement you have been suffering from right wrist pain, tingling sensation during picking up or writing or holding something, forearm becomes slightly bigger during messaging, and pain radiated towards the upper back. B...  Read Full »

Shall I take Arcoxia to help my pain in hand due to Carpal Tunnel syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old female. I was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel syndrome last year but the pain started before that. At that time my hand only hurt when it was bent to a certain position, and it hurts when I am on my fours or when push-up position. It did not hurt when my hand was squee...  Read Full »

Dr. Md Rajja

Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please take the pain killer Etoricoxib only if you feel pain. Try to apply a wrist support belt. It will help your wrist to keep in position.  Read Full »

I get a sharp lower abdominal pain and burning feel in hands and vagina during pregnancy. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am four months pregnant. My hand and leg palms feel like burning and become very hot, and I have the same feeling in my vagina too. I also get an occasional sharp pain in my lower abdomen for a few seconds. Is this normal in pregnancy? Kindly suggest. I have attached my reports and...  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your examination. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are all normal. The symptoms that you prescribe above are common during pregnancy. Burning sensation in palms and hand is called Carpal Syndrome, it happens in pregnancy due to swelling ...  Read Full »

Why do I get wrist pain even after swinging a tennis racquet?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a wrist pain on the top of it. Usually, when I use it in daily life it is all nice but as soon as I even swing a tennis racquet soon afterward pain develops. The pain is on the top and prevents my wrist from pronating. Whenever I play tennis it is usually only for five minutes....  Read Full »

Dr. Mudabbir

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The wrist pain that you are experiencing could be due to the following reasons. 1) TFCC (triangular fibrocartilage complex) injury. 2) DRUJ (distal radioulnar joint) instability. 3) Carpal tunnel syndrome. 4) Osseous (bone) injury. 5) Cartilage injury. If you are ...  Read Full »