Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Shall I take Arcoxia to help my pain in hand due to Carpal Tunnel syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old female. I was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel syndrome last year but the pain started before that. At that time my hand only hurt when it was bent to a certain position, and it hurts when I am on my fours or when push-up position. It did not hurt when my hand was squee...  Read Full »

Dr. Md Rajja

Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please take the pain killer Etoricoxib only if you feel pain. Try to apply a wrist support belt. It will help your wrist to keep in position.  Read Full »

How to get rid of pain in the fingers, palm, and wrist after working on the laptop from home?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an IT professional, presently working from home for 8-10 hours a day. Six days back my laptop keyboard got packed up. Next three days, I worked with an external keyboard and mouse while sitting on the bed instead of a table and chair. Though I felt strain and discomfort, I somehow...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Where is the exact location of pain? Is it at wrist or elbow? Is it at shoulder joint too? Are you suffering from hypothyroidism or diabetes? The possible causes are like, 1. Neuropraxia. 2. Carpal tunnel syndrome. 3. Hypocalcemia. 4. Hypokalemia. 5. Viral fever wi...  Read Full »

I get a sharp lower abdominal pain and burning feel in hands and vagina during pregnancy. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am four months pregnant. My hand and leg palms feel like burning and become very hot, and I have the same feeling in my vagina too. I also get an occasional sharp pain in my lower abdomen for a few seconds. Is this normal in pregnancy? Kindly suggest. I have attached my reports and...  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your examination. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are all normal. The symptoms that you prescribe above are common during pregnancy. Burning sensation in palms and hand is called Carpal Syndrome, it happens in pregnancy due to swelling ...  Read Full »

Why do I get wrist pain even after swinging a tennis racquet?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a wrist pain on the top of it. Usually, when I use it in daily life it is all nice but as soon as I even swing a tennis racquet soon afterward pain develops. The pain is on the top and prevents my wrist from pronating. Whenever I play tennis it is usually only for five minutes....  Read Full »

Dr. Mudabbir

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The wrist pain that you are experiencing could be due to the following reasons. 1) TFCC (triangular fibrocartilage complex) injury. 2) DRUJ (distal radioulnar joint) instability. 3) Carpal tunnel syndrome. 4) Osseous (bone) injury. 5) Cartilage injury. If you are ...  Read Full »

My arms become numb while sleeping and I get disturbed. How to fix this problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35-year-old male. I have been to several doctors (neurologist) and I have not been told what is wrong and what I can do to fix it? My symptoms are: for the last ten months, when I go to sleep I wake up with one or both of my arms being numb from my elbow down to my pinky and rin...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry about your present health condition. Usually during sleeping on supine position or sleeping on sitting position with hands side by side may can cause some compression of ulnar nerve lead to temporary signal interference call neuropraxia which is common in all i...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for burning arms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a writer, so I use my computer a lot. Pretty sure I have a repetitive stress injury. My father has Carpal tunnel, so it would not be a surprise at all if I have something similar. The pain is triggered when I type, and more so when I use my trackball. More than anything, my arm b...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to see that you have persistent symptoms. It is not clear from your description that you actually have any hand symptoms with crampy pain on typing with index thumb and middle fingers most affected as that would fit into a carpal tunnel like picture. If it is ...  Read Full »

I am having carpal tunnel pain in both hands. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was seen today for what seems to be carpal tunnel pain in both hands or wrist right being worse. It has been going on for over two weeks straight. Massages do not work, splints do not work. The pain is horrible at night, my hands are not just numb, my middle fingers feel like they a...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Greetings for a healthy future. I understand that you have symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. Regarding your questions about severity and surgery I hope following helps you. In order to know the exact cause and the severity of problem, it will be helpf...  Read Full »

Are tingling in hands and legs due to carpal tunnel or ALS?

Query: Hello doctor, I have tingling in my hands for a few years, and now I am feeling tingling off and on in my feet and legs with occasional inner tremors. I had all my blood work done to test for diabetes, thyroid, vitamin deficiency, CMP and CBC all came back normal. I had an MRI of the brain that cam...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms do not look like ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis). Moreover, carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) has been established in your reports. Anxiety and CTS are more than enough to cause these symptoms. So, my recommendation is that you should start on Pregabalin 7...  Read Full »

I have pain and numbness in both hands and fingers for long time. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain and numbness over both hands for long, and fingers recently. Since pain also was there, he took Ayurvedic applications for arthritis. I had consulted neurologist last week, undergone NCS test, and I have attached the files. Advised medication for three weeks to be followed...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms. I have seen the files attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a condition called carpal tunnel syndrome, and it means that the nerves carrying sensation and driving the muscles of your hands are getting compress...  Read Full »

Why does my thumb quiver while holding anything?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 23 years old. I have been having some problems with my thumb. My thumb starts shaking when I use my smartphone or hold a remote control. It started with numbness right below the nail of my thumb. The numbness went away but now it shakes up, down, left, and right. Sometimes, it goes aw...  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your question and would like to tell you that stiffness and numbness in the thumb can be caused by a number of conditions. The most common cause is a nerve compression or pinched nerve. Carpal tunnel syndrome also causes numbness in the thumb. A tho...  Read Full »