Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Is ALS or MS the cause of my symptoms?

Query: Hi, I’m a 37 year old male. I’ve been experiencing some symptoms that I’m worried about. I’m mostly concerned about ALS and MS. The symptoms are as follows: 12 months ago, started having pain in left thumb when applying force with it, but not when at rest or when just mov...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Dr. Upendra here With the given complaints there is no question of either MS or ALS Let me explain one by one 1. No fasciculations are seen in MS, they are seen in ALS but they are accompanied by weakness and loss of muscle mass, and they will not subside spontaneously. 2. Pain in fingers on...  Read Full »

Is carpal tunnel syndrome the cause of my wrist pain?

Query: Hello. I have this bulged nerve on my right wrist. This causes pain when pressure is applied. It starts to trigger the pain in my arm, shoulder and neck. For this I stopped any sternuous exercise with that hand still sometimes the pain persists. Mostly it aches at night. When I do yoga that applies ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhay Vikram Singh

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Carpal tunnel syndrome can be because of excessive use of the wrist in flexed position. Eg : Long hours key board typing or maybe excessive use of that wrist. I would like you to perform one test of carpal tunnel syndrome. Flex your affected wrist for 30 to 45 seconds and if the tingling se...  Read Full »

My palm shows alternate red and white patches with blood spots. Is this circulatory disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel tight inside my wrist and discomfort along my left arm. On observing the palms of my hands, I can see red parts with blood and other white parts without blood. I would like to know if there is a circulation disorder.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, it is not a circulation disorder. This is due to normal variation in the density of blood capillaries and thickness of the skin. The circulation disorder would manifest as episodes of pain, burning, and paleness followed by flushing. This is not suggestive o...  Read Full »

My wrist pain is better at rest and comes back on work. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have wrist pain (right wrist), tingling feeling when trying to pick something up or when writing or holding a spoon/fork (right hand), forearm gets slightly bigger when massaged and gets back to normal size when iced, pain radiated all the way to my upper back (at one certain point/...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement you have been suffering from right wrist pain, tingling sensation during picking up or writing or holding something, forearm becomes slightly bigger during messaging, and pain radiated towards the upper back. B...  Read Full »

Shall I take Arcoxia to help my pain in hand due to Carpal Tunnel syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old female. I was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel syndrome last year but the pain started before that. At that time my hand only hurt when it was bent to a certain position, and it hurts when I am on my fours or when push-up position. It did not hurt when my hand was squee...  Read Full »

Dr. Md Rajja

Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please take the pain killer Etoricoxib only if you feel pain. Try to apply a wrist support belt. It will help your wrist to keep in position.  Read Full »

How to get rid of pain in the fingers, palm, and wrist after working on the laptop from home?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an IT professional, presently working from home for 8-10 hours a day. Six days back my laptop keyboard got packed up. Next three days, I worked with an external keyboard and mouse while sitting on the bed instead of a table and chair. Though I felt strain and discomfort, I somehow...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Where is the exact location of pain? Is it at wrist or elbow? Is it at shoulder joint too? Are you suffering from hypothyroidism or diabetes? The possible causes are like, 1. Neuropraxia. 2. Carpal tunnel syndrome. 3. Hypocalcemia. 4. Hypokalemia. 5. Viral fever wi...  Read Full »

I get a sharp lower abdominal pain and burning feel in hands and vagina during pregnancy. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am four months pregnant. My hand and leg palms feel like burning and become very hot, and I have the same feeling in my vagina too. I also get an occasional sharp pain in my lower abdomen for a few seconds. Is this normal in pregnancy? Kindly suggest. I have attached my reports and...  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your examination. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are all normal. The symptoms that you prescribe above are common during pregnancy. Burning sensation in palms and hand is called Carpal Syndrome, it happens in pregnancy due to swelling ...  Read Full »

Why do I get wrist pain even after swinging a tennis racquet?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a wrist pain on the top of it. Usually, when I use it in daily life it is all nice but as soon as I even swing a tennis racquet soon afterward pain develops. The pain is on the top and prevents my wrist from pronating. Whenever I play tennis it is usually only for five minutes....  Read Full »

Dr. Mudabbir

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The wrist pain that you are experiencing could be due to the following reasons. 1) TFCC (triangular fibrocartilage complex) injury. 2) DRUJ (distal radioulnar joint) instability. 3) Carpal tunnel syndrome. 4) Osseous (bone) injury. 5) Cartilage injury. If you are ...  Read Full »

My arms become numb while sleeping and I get disturbed. How to fix this problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35-year-old male. I have been to several doctors (neurologist) and I have not been told what is wrong and what I can do to fix it? My symptoms are: for the last ten months, when I go to sleep I wake up with one or both of my arms being numb from my elbow down to my pinky and rin...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry about your present health condition. Usually during sleeping on supine position or sleeping on sitting position with hands side by side may can cause some compression of ulnar nerve lead to temporary signal interference call neuropraxia which is common in all i...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for burning arms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a writer, so I use my computer a lot. Pretty sure I have a repetitive stress injury. My father has Carpal tunnel, so it would not be a surprise at all if I have something similar. The pain is triggered when I type, and more so when I use my trackball. More than anything, my arm b...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to see that you have persistent symptoms. It is not clear from your description that you actually have any hand symptoms with crampy pain on typing with index thumb and middle fingers most affected as that would fit into a carpal tunnel like picture. If it is ...  Read Full »