Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

What is the treatment for burning arms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a writer, so I use my computer a lot. Pretty sure I have a repetitive stress injury. My father has Carpal tunnel, so it would not be a surprise at all if I have something similar. The pain is triggered when I type, and more so when I use my trackball. More than anything, my arm b...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to see that you have persistent symptoms. It is not clear from your description that you actually have any hand symptoms with crampy pain on typing with index thumb and middle fingers most affected as that would fit into a carpal tunnel like picture. If it is ...  Read Full »

I am having carpal tunnel pain in both hands. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was seen today for what seems to be carpal tunnel pain in both hands or wrist right being worse. It has been going on for over two weeks straight. Massages do not work, splints do not work. The pain is horrible at night, my hands are not just numb, my middle fingers feel like they a...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Greetings for a healthy future. I understand that you have symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. Regarding your questions about severity and surgery I hope following helps you. In order to know the exact cause and the severity of problem, it will be helpf...  Read Full »

Are tingling in hands and legs due to carpal tunnel or ALS?

Query: Hello doctor, I have tingling in my hands for a few years, and now I am feeling tingling off and on in my feet and legs with occasional inner tremors. I had all my blood work done to test for diabetes, thyroid, vitamin deficiency, CMP and CBC all came back normal. I had an MRI of the brain that cam...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms do not look like ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis). Moreover, carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) has been established in your reports. Anxiety and CTS are more than enough to cause these symptoms. So, my recommendation is that you should start on Pregabalin 7...  Read Full »

I have pain and numbness in both hands and fingers for long time. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain and numbness over both hands for long, and fingers recently. Since pain also was there, he took Ayurvedic applications for arthritis. I had consulted neurologist last week, undergone NCS test, and I have attached the files. Advised medication for three weeks to be followed...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms. I have seen the files attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a condition called carpal tunnel syndrome, and it means that the nerves carrying sensation and driving the muscles of your hands are getting compress...  Read Full »

Why does my thumb quiver while holding anything?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 23 years old. I have been having some problems with my thumb. My thumb starts shaking when I use my smartphone or hold a remote control. It started with numbness right below the nail of my thumb. The numbness went away but now it shakes up, down, left, and right. Sometimes, it goes aw...  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your question and would like to tell you that stiffness and numbness in the thumb can be caused by a number of conditions. The most common cause is a nerve compression or pinched nerve. Carpal tunnel syndrome also causes numbness in the thumb. A tho...  Read Full »

I have numbness from the shoulder to the palm. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-years-old female. My weight is 68 kg with the height 5'6". There was a sudden numbness in the right arm starting at the shoulder, traveling to the palm. The numbness began while sleeping and triggered again while trying to sleep again. I experience a strange heaviness while ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Numbness may be due to compression of the nerve while keeping the hand under head in flexion. In this position ulnar nerve may compress at elbow or radial nerve in radial ridge or median nerve compression in carpal tunnel syndrome. Hypothyroidism, anemia or electroly...  Read Full »

Can carpal tunnel syndrome cause stiff neck and pain in arm?

Query: Hello doctor, Six months back I was diagnosed by two doctors and tests with carpal tunnel syndrome. The suggestion was to go for an operation which regretfully I delayed until recently. The symptoms got worse. Now I have an appointment next month with a specialist. Meanwhile, I have pins and needle...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Carpel tunnel syndrome will not cause any symptoms in the upper arm. However, it could be due to cervical nerve compression. This could be associated with or without the carpel tunnel syndrome independently. In my opinion, you should go for nerve conduction velocity NCV...  Read Full »

Is it serious to have tingling sensation in hand?

Query: Hello doctor, Today, my hand is tingly off and on. It is my entire hand, but it especially seems to affect my pinky finger. My other hand does not have this issue, and it does not affect any other part of my body. The tingling feeling has come and gone for two hours. Is there any way for me to tell...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Tingling sensation in any part is due to nerve irritation supplying the area. In case of hand, it can be due to cervical spondylosis or due to CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome). However, none is serious and can be managed easily. So, no need to w...  Read Full »

What can cause arm pain particularly after sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male student. I have severe pain in my right arm for the past 12 hours. There is no other accompanying symptom. I had encountered the same problem a couple of times in the past. The pain starts suddenly preferably after sleep. What to do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be coming from the nerve being compressed or irritated in your neck, shoulder or arm pit. I would highly suggest changing the position in which you sleep. In order to help you better please tell me whether the pain starts from your shoulder or arm pit and m...  Read Full »

Why is there numbness with tingling sensation in my right hand ring finger?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a month, I carried heavy grocery bags and after that my right-hand ring finger got numb with a tingling sensation. It is persistent for the past one month.  Read Full »

Dr. Mayank Agarwal

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Carrying heavy grocery bags just once will not cause any numbness in ring finger with a tingling sensation. Do you work for long hours on a computer using the keyboard? Your symptoms indicate nerve entrapment like carpal tunnel syndrome. Even, if your nerve is injured w...  Read Full »