Q. I feel bloated and breathless. Is this normal?

Dr. Albana Greca

I have been having stomach problems for the past three days and I have been trying everything and not seem to work. Today I tried Zantac 150 and I feel really bloated and feel like I am out of breath. Is this normal? Please help.

#

I understand your concern. Bloating could be due to indigestion issues. Zantac (Ranitidine) will help reduce the acidity of the stomach but not immediately. Take antacids after the meal and at bedtime. Plus, take enzyme digest to help ease digestion, together with Simethicone. If still no improvement, should consult further with a gastroenterologist and run a few diagnostic tests as follows:

1. Stool examination.
  2. Upper endoscopy.
  3. Abdominal ultrasound.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

I have pain in the throat during swallowing. Is this respiratory tract infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am returning back home from vacation and I am experiencing fever and body aches. I think my tonsils and throat are swollen. I am experiencing pain and discomfort in my throat. I have pain in the throat during swallowing.  Read Full »

Please suggest safe painkillers for toothache.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain inside my mouth. At the top of my mouth, it is like a bubble and so painful. The nerves are making me having a toothache on the right side of my mouth. I have had this for three days now and took a few painkillers. Now, my stomach hurts like bloating and twitching....  Read Full »

Why is my stomach bloated after laparoscopy?

Query: Hi doctor,Five days ago, I had a laparoscopy. I am wondering when the bloated hard tummy will go away. I am worried that it has not subsided yet. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Family Physician Now