Q. I feel bloated and breathless. Is this normal?

Dr. Albana Greca

I have been having stomach problems for the past three days and I have been trying everything and not seem to work. Today I tried Zantac 150 and I feel really bloated and feel like I am out of breath. Is this normal? Please help.

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I understand your concern. Bloating could be due to indigestion issues. Zantac (Ranitidine) will help reduce the acidity of the stomach but not immediately. Take antacids after the meal and at bedtime. Plus, take enzyme digest to help ease digestion, together with Simethicone. If still no improvement, should consult further with a gastroenterologist and run a few diagnostic tests as follows:

1. Stool examination.
  2. Upper endoscopy.
  3. Abdominal ultrasound.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|