Q. I have a concern regarding my Maryland bridge. Please guide me.

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Hello doctor,

I am 19 years old. Can a Maryland bridge or any bridge move up, down, right or left?

#

• As per your question, what I can understand is that you are asking if a bridge can move during the act of talking or chewing. If that is what you meant, then the answer is no, because the bridge is cemented to the adjacent teeth firmly. It will never move but in case it moves, it is faulty. The rocking of any bridge can cause an increased pressure on the teeth and can lead to gingival trauma too.
  • If your question is, can it be moved and adapted properly in case of a high point which leads to open bite or muscular pain, then the answer is yes, it can be properly readapted by a dental professional.

Hope this answered your query. In case you need more clarification, you can reframe your question and get back.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|