Q. What treatment choices do I have for fused front teeth?

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My front teeth are fused together. Even smiling properly is an ordeal. What treatment choices do I have? Is there anything which is not so invasive like veneers? If extraction turns out to be the only option, will my teeth be removed from the roots? Is anything else possible? I really do not want something as invasive as extraction. Please help.

#

• I would suggest that you can go for full ceramic crowns instead of veneers.
  • Full ceramic crowns are expensive, but they are esthetically very good.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Thanks for your reply. Cost is not really an issue. Can you please detail me a bit more on this? Is extraction absolutely required for crowns? Can they be used with my existing pair of teeth? Please guide.

#

• Crowns can be placed on the existing teeth.
  • If you get crowns done, tooth will be reduced from all the five surfaces and will be given proper shape.
  • Though veneers are less invasive procedure, tooth is reduced from four surfaces and the back portion of the tooth is not reduced.
  • As you have two teeth paired up, I think it is better to involve back portion as well.

For further doubts consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|