Cervical Pain

Why does my mother have pain in the back of the head for more than a week?

Query: My mother(age 47)has pain in the back of head for more than a week.We didnt give her panadol because it doesn't suit her intestine. She also takes medications like anafranil and zestoretic and inderal for anxiety and blood pressure. She also gets panic attack sometimes which was almost gone from a f...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello! Thank you for reaching out. It seems she has cervical myogenic pain syndrome. I would recommend that she takes eperisone 50 mg/3x a day for 5 days, celecoxib 200 mg/tab, twice a day for 3 days and apply indomethacin gel on the affected area as needed for pain. Since she has history of upset s...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for radiating cervical pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have cervical pain radiating to the right shoulder, neck, and arm until fingers. I have this problem for the past eight months and I am currently on medications for diabetics.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwinkumar Khandge

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms that you have described point towards cervical disc issues with a small disc and bone (osteophyte) that is irritating to the right-sided nerve at C5-6 level as mentioned in the MRI reports. Usually, such cases heal within 6-8 weeks. On and off pain is co...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for neck and upper back pain due to seatbelt injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently met with an accident. I have severe pain in my neck and upper back. It is a seatbelt injury. It is keeping me awake at night. What should I do? I did CT and x-ray.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a whiplash injury, as you have mentioned. You can apply a cervical collar for the stability of your neck. Remove the collar during the night and wear it during the day time. You can go for isometric exercises (hold both palms on the forehead, then try to push y...  Read Full »

I have intermittent cervical pain even after physiotherapy treatment. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Last year started to work out in the gym for six months and made good gains in strength-wise and stamina wise. After some months, my left arm became very hard and painful while doing weights. Later cervical pain also started. And because of it, I have stopped my gym activity completel...  Read Full »

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Neurologist, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your symptoms, and it seems at second levels of the upper neck, a cervical region the disc bulges are pressing on C4, C5, C6 roots, and incidentally, it supplies shoulder girdle as well upper arm muscles including biceps. The paraesthesia, what we call for...  Read Full »

What is the cause of black circular patches in leg?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is having black circular patches on her legs. What could be the reason? Someone said it could be due to improper circulation of blood in the lower part of the body. It usually happens when the blood becomes thick. Can you please help me to understand the reason behind this? ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause is old age. In old age, small vessels become fragile and rupture, leading to blackish bruises, common in lower limbs but can occur anywhere in skin. Another cause is medicines. If a person is using drugs called steroids or anticoagulants or anti...  Read Full »

Why am I having stiff neck with cervical pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I had X-ray done for shoulder bone. This was after a stiff neck and constant pain in the cervical region for the last six months. I did not take any medication. Also, there was a fracture in the lower back four years back.  Read Full »

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your report and the above query (attachment removed to protect patient identity). X-ray report does not mention any bony abnormalities except reduced cervical lordosis. This is usually due to spasm of neck muscles. Usually, these problems arise du...  Read Full »

I am getting chest pain which radiates along upper back, left shoulder and hand. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 years old male. I am married. My weight is 85 kilograms, and the height is 5 feet. My resting BP is 130/80 mmHg, and pulse is 80 beats per minute. I do not have any tension at my home or the office, and I am very relaxed. I am suffering from left side chest pain along with upper ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your ECG is fine, and from the description of pain and test you underwent, it is a cervical pain. In the cervical X-ray, there is a straightening of the spine which is the cause for your ...  Read Full »

I have pain in chest and arm. Why is it so?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had chest pain for a while now. At times my arm hurts as well. It has been going on for about four years and recently I have started having neck and shoulder pain. I am a 22 years old male. I have asthma. Currently, I am taking Albuterol. I took EKG, chest X-ray, and multiple b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Where exactly do you get chest pain, is it in the center or on the sides, upper or lower chest, does it occur at rest or exertion? Is there any upper abdominal pain, bloating, burping, nausea, vomiting, chest burning, or relation to food? This is most likely due to c...  Read Full »