Q. My cervical pain radiates to right shoulder, neck, arm and fingers. Please help.

Dr. Ashwinkumar Khandge

I have cervical pain radiating to the right shoulder, neck, and arm until fingers. I have this problem for the past eight months and I am currently on medications for diabetics.

#

The symptoms that you have described point towards cervical disc issues with a small disc and bone (osteophyte) that is irritating to the right-sided nerve at C5-6 level as mentioned in the MRI reports. Usually, such cases heal within 6-8 weeks. On and off pain is common. But persistent pain in the arm and hand is nagging and decreases productivity especially if it is a dominant hand.

We need to take MRI films to interpret the severity of the disc problem, know the handedness, know the exact location of the pain and if associated with tingling or numbness, and any weakness in the hand or arm.

Until then do warm water fomentation. Apply pain killer gel locally over the neck and arm. Avoid lifting weights or jerks to the neck, and avoid bad roads.

| 

Does lower back pain from lifting weights indicate a disc problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. My height is 177 cm, weight 63 kg. I have started workout since six months. I felt lower back pain while lifting weights. Is it a disc problem?  Read Full »

Why am I having stiff neck with cervical pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I had X-ray done for shoulder bone. This was after a stiff neck and constant pain in the cervical region for the last six months. I did not take any medication. Also, there was a fracture in the lower back four years back.  Read Full »

How to Manage Neck Pain Through Homeopathy?

Article Overview: Homeopathy can treat neck pain or cervical pain. This article narrates the cause, symptoms, investigations, general management and the role of homeopathic medicines in treating these conditions along with yoga practices. Read Article

Dr. Ashish Kumar Dixit
Homeopathic Physician

Neck pain or cervical pain is the commonest presenting medical condition in daily practice. The neck is to hold the head while static or in motion. The components of the neck are bone, ligaments, muscles and intervertebral disc. So any injury, inflammation or disease associated with these ...  Read Article

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Spine Surgeon Now