Cervical Spondylosis

My cervical MRI report says posterior protrusions causing indentation of the thecal sac. Will the above condition heal?

Query: Hello doctor,My MRI cervical report impression is mild posterior protrusions from C3-4 to C5-6 levels causing indentation of the thecal sac. I am 32-year-old and a desk worker, need to sit 8 to 10 hours on the computer every day. I am suffering from neck pain, stiffness in the neck, and stress. Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is an early change in cervical spondylosis. Kindly follow following instructions. 1) Change the working habit, and prolonged chair sitting as it cause misalignment of the cervical region leads to decrease mobility, either take a break in every two hours for 10 mi...  Read Full »

Why does my head feel too heavy for my neck?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female and yet to conceive. Since 9 months I have been facing heaviness of head and stiffness of neck. Sometimes the heaviness of head becomes extreme and I feel it is spinning even at the slightest movement of neck and it is accompanied with bowel movements. I feel tha...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query on this platform. Relax! You are not suffering from any life-threatening disease. Neither are you suffering from any gastrointestinal problems except occasionally which is normal and could be due to mild gastritis. Cervical arthritis cannot cau...  Read Full »

What could be causing extreme lymph node pain in the neck?

Query: Hi doctor, What could be causing the extreme pains in my lymph nodes under my neck and tingling the in head? Should I see a doctor in person? I had a sinus infection a month ago when the neck pains suddenly appeared. I was given antibiotics. It got rid of my other sinus symptoms, but not the lymph ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first possibility of meningitis is unlikely. It would cause fever, severe headache and patient will be very sick. I do not think this to be a lymph node pain because lymph nodes will hurt only when they enlarge in a short duration of maximum one or two wee...  Read Full »

Can Thumb Twitching Be A Sign Of Cervical Disc Herniation Worsening?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old female with asthma. I have cervical disc herniation for 10 years. Over the past 5 months, symptoms were back with tingling, weakness and shooting pain in arms. I tried medications like Celebrex, Lyrica and also massage, physiotherapy, chiropractor and acupuncture, b...  Read Full »

Dr. Tony Magana

Neuro Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A herniated disc in the neck can cause three potential problems: Injury and degeneration of the disc can cause neck pain that is not related to nerve problems, and this is not usually a need for surgery. If the disc and bone spurring that form for long-standing prob...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ways to reduce mild vertigo.

Query: Hi doctor, I have mild vertigo for the past one month. There is no sweating or vomiting. I do not have any pain in the head and there is no problem of hearing and vision. I am only experiencing some balancing problem. My ENG test is absolutely normal. What will be the possible way to reduce this?  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I would like to tell you the causes of unsteadiness or dizziness. They are aural (disease of ear) and extra aural. Under extra aural there comes a long list of diseases. Spondylosis. Tumors of cerebellopontine (CP) angle and brain. M...  Read Full »

Why do I feel pins and needles in both legs?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a neck fusion a few years back. I like to understand more about my MRI. I am going to start Gabapentin for nerve issues soon and also I have Crohn's disease and Lyme. Currently experiencing pins and needles in both legs. I have seen a neurologist and going to see a few surgeons t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Sorry to hear the pain and discomfort you are having and wish you a quick recovery. Please find my observations below. Your MRI scan reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) show that there are changes seen in t...  Read Full »

Is it serious to have tingling sensation in hand?

Query: Hello doctor, Today, my hand is tingly off and on. It is my entire hand, but it especially seems to affect my pinky finger. My other hand does not have this issue, and it does not affect any other part of my body. The tingling feeling has come and gone for two hours. Is there any way for me to tell...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Tingling sensation in any part is due to nerve irritation supplying the area. In case of hand, it can be due to cervical spondylosis or due to CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome). However, none is serious and can be managed easily. So, no need to w...  Read Full »

I have pain in my neck and upper arm, with numbness and tingling in both arms. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have mucosal thickening with aerated secretions in the sphenoid sinuses with surrounding hyperostosis. The mucosal thickening in left maxillary sinus is greater than right maxillary sinus, with trace aerated secretions. Also, opacification of right mastoid air cells and right middle ear...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sent me the verbatim report of the MRI of the cervical spine and the mastoids. This, however, is very little to help me as I do not know the exact symptoms you have. Do you have more problems with your mastoids or the neck? Do you have pain in the neck or does...  Read Full »

Due to cervical spondylosis, will I have problem during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. For the past one year, I am suffering from heaviness of head and neck stiffness. Even though I am living my normal life, sometimes the heaviness of head becomes extreme. I feel it is spinning even at the slightest movement of neck and it is accompanied by bowel ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history and information given by you, my answers are as follows: It does not look like you have a gastrointestinal disorder. But, better is to get an ultrasonography of your abdomen and rule it out. In cervical spine you have only a small disc. So, ...  Read Full »

What can cause arm pain particularly after sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male student. I have severe pain in my right arm for the past 12 hours. There is no other accompanying symptom. I had encountered the same problem a couple of times in the past. The pain starts suddenly preferably after sleep. What to do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be coming from the nerve being compressed or irritated in your neck, shoulder or arm pit. I would highly suggest changing the position in which you sleep. In order to help you better please tell me whether the pain starts from your shoulder or arm pit and m...  Read Full »