Q. What is the remedy for shoulder pain in a thyroid patient?

Published on Mar 17, 2018

My wife is suffering from left shoulder pain since last six months specifically in the morning. Please suggest the remedy soon. She is a thyroid patient and currently on Thyroxin 75 mg. The laboratory test performed was for uric acid measuring 4.6 mg/dl.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Does she have any other symptoms of associated neck pain, arm, and hand pain, tingling or numbness in the neck, shoulder or arm, any history of trauma to shoulder or neck, etc.? Does her pain increase while doing shoulder movements? The possibilities in her are cervical spondylosis, shoulder joint arthritis or ligament pain (frozen shoulder). Her uric acid is fine.

She should get one X-ray of shoulder with neck AP (anteroposterior) and lateral view. Once get her shoulder examined by a local doctor.At present, she should have tablet Naproxen 250 mg twice a day along with tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast once a day for five days.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician onlline --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

What can cause knee pain with swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have knee pain in both the legs and it is paining alternatively for the past 1.5 years. Pain starts with swelling around the knee and stay for three to four hours and the pain will be at least once in one to two months. I feel like pinching with needle in the feet. I ...  Read Full »

I was suggested surgery for cervical spondylosis. Should I go for it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53 year old female. I am cervical spondylosis patient. After MRI report, the doctor suggested an operation. Should I go with the operation or not? MRI report: Spine with the screening of the whole spine: Cervical spine was studied with 3 mm thin slices in the axial and sagitt...  Read Full »

I have neck and shoulder pain that go away when I lie down. Any suggestions?

Query: Hello doctor,I complained of neck and shoulder pain. It was diagnosed to be muscle spasm by a doctor. X-ray has been taken. I was given cream and Muscadol tablets. I used ice and some exercise. It worked over 90 % but the problem is I feel pain after sitting on a chair for 10 minutes continually. It...  Read Full »