Chancre

Is the lesion an ingrown hair or pimple in genital area?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed what I think is either an ingrown hair or pimple in my genital area. I would like to get a dermatologist's look at it for confirmation, in case I am wrong and it is a potential STD (though from what I have found it does not seem like HPV or herpes, nor molluscum). It ap...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. There are two possible causes of your pimple like lesion.c 1. Ingrowing hair or folliculitis. These are usually painful lesion. Treatment is to apply Fusidic acid cream 2 to 3 times a day for seven days. 2. Chancre of primary syphilis wh...  Read Full »

What could cause a painless blister-like lump on penis immediately after unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up this morning after having unprotected sex last night, with a clear blister-like bump on my penis. It is not painful and no discharge. I am concerned about herpes or other STDs. I have been tested positive for HSV-1. I have had cold sores growing up around my mouth but never ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and had a close look over the provided image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Unfortunately, the image is not clear so I will be answering it on the basis of general knowledge in case of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). Genit...  Read Full »

What could be the lump in vagina with itching, soreness and discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old female. I am concerned about a lump on my genital area and I am very worried it is a wart. I have had this problem on and off for about eight months now. I also have vaginal itching, soreness, and discharge. I visited a sexual health clinic and they said it was not...  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please provide me dome details. Do the blisters appear first then this type lump? Is it painful? Does every time you get only one such lump or multiple also? Do you have any fever? Have you noticed small blistering anytime? It will help me figure out your problem. For ...  Read Full »

Why is there an ulcer at the back of penile shaft with no symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, Small painless itchless ucler at the back of penile shaft with no other symptoms.  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. According to your description and clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), this ulcer could be a manifestation of primary chancre of syphilis (one of the sexually transmitted diseases, if there is a history of sex...  Read Full »

I got small bumps on the penis after oral sex. Can it be syphilis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have five small bumps appeared on the head of my penis after I had oral sex. It has been two months now, but it is still there. I have attached the photo. Also about two weeks ago I got rash on my hands, around the feet, and legs. When I consulted a doctor he said it is probably syphili...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need few more details to guide you. Please do tell me the complaint in the bump and rash? After how many days of exposure had you undergone RPR (rapid plasma reagin)? Revert back with the answers for the above questions to a venereologist online -->  https://www.icl...  Read Full »

There are red dots in my penis. Could it be an allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old non-diabetic male. I suddenly felt a burning sensation on the tip of my penis a few days back. I thought it was a general burning sensation, due to lack of drinking water. I do accept that I am a little unhygienic. After a day or two, the burning sensation increased. W...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From your description, it seems you have chancroid or herpes genitalis. Chancroid is a bacterial sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by Haemophilus ducreyi, whereas...  Read Full »

I have a raised spot on the shaft of the penis. Could it be syphilis?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a sexually active gay male. I always use condoms for anal sex. I have a spot on the shaft of the penis, which is a little tender to touch. It is raised and smooth with nothing inside. It has been like this for just under a week. Could it be syphilis? I have some acne on m...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In syphilis, there is ulceration. An ulcer is painless, round, well-circumscribed and indurated. It is associated with lymph node enlargement. With known history and recurrent episodes, you should get your STD (sexually transmitted diseases) profile done. ...  Read Full »