Q. Is the pimple in genital area due to STD?

Dr. Shanza Ikram
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 31, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I have noticed what I think is either an ingrown hair or pimple in my genital area. I would like to get a dermatologist's look at it for confirmation, in case I am wrong and it is a potential STD (though from what I have found it does not seem like HPV or herpes, nor molluscum). It appeared about a day and a half after I trimmed my pubic hair.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case. There are two possible causes of your pimple like lesion.c

1. Ingrowing hair or folliculitis. These are usually painful lesion. Treatment is to apply Fusidic acid cream 2 to 3 times a day for seven days.

2. Chancre of primary syphilis which is actually STD. If you have a history of sexual contact during the last four weeks, then it is likely to be syphilis because this is usually painless lesions as in your case. For this, you need to undergo an investigation first and then treatment.

VDRL or TPHA.

1. Fusidic acid cream two times a day.
2. Oral Penicillin in case of syphilis.

|