Q. I have a raised spot on the shaft of the penis. Could it be syphilis?

Answered by Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Ulcer or Std? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a sexually active gay male. I always use condoms for anal sex. I have a spot on the shaft of the penis, which is a little tender to touch. It is raised and smooth with nothing inside. It has been like this for just under a week. Could it be syphilis? I have some acne on my inner thigh. I sometimes have bigger spots around that area that take time to heal but never usually on the penis.