Q. I get a feeling of chest congestion with stomach pain and gas between periods. Is this heart probem?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2020

I am a 25-year-old girl. I have been feeling symptoms for two days but this is happening to me between periods and the other but now it is I feel constriction in the heart area. There is no pain, but I feel constricted and disturbed, this increases when I stand for a long time. But when I eat something sweet or salty, these symptoms disappear. This symptom is also accompanied by simple stomach pain, gas, and some muscular pain in the back. Pain ratio I would say about 10%. I suffer from depression and anxiety.

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

Your main complaint is pain and fatigue with some gastric issue. Let me know you that excess stress with anxiety can lead to chest pain as well as gastric ulcer.

For gastric issue, Pantoprazole tablet can be prescribed for two weeks. If gas excessive then Simethicon containing tablet or syrup can be taken.

For stress try to solve problems leading to stress. If exams were not good, you can read well now and can make goals for better reading. Yoga, meditation, and exercise will be having great effect in reducing stress.

If panic attacks comes frequently than Fluoxetine like SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) group of drug can be started after doctor consultation. If needed for anxiety issue you can consult a psychiatrist.

Here, I do not think you are having any heart problem. If pain is increasing in severity then investigate with EKG (electrocardiography). Also, check your CBC (complete blood count) report to look for low Hb (hemoglobin).

| 

So what is the reason for the heart constriction that I feel? There is no pain at all, just disturbance. I am worried about that.

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome back to the icliniq.com.

If pain is not present in the chest region and only uneasiness and constriction feeling present then also your diagnosis will remain the same. You have mentioned in history that suffering from anxiety and depression issues. Hence anxiety can be related to your constriction feeling. (I do not think you are having any serious issue as per my opinion according to your history).

In myocardial infarction like heart problem pain is very severe and associated with sweating and reading to arm. If you want to investigate further then simple EKG can be done for that for initial workup.

For stomach pain, you can take Pantoprazole. Eat green leafy vegetables and fruits more for a few days and avoid gastric irritants like excess tea, coffee, smoking, stress, etc.

| 

I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Is this pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Also getting a mild fever again and again. I also have a chest X-ray done today only. Please suggest is it pneumonia and if yes how severe is it?  Read Full »

I experience chest congestion with heaviness and constant cough. Will smoking be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chest congestion with heaviness in chest. I also have a constant cough with sputum. I am not taking any medication at present for this. Could this be due to smoking?  Read Full »

Why do I have a cold, congestion, and sore throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 60 year old male who is overweight. Other than being overweight, I am in relatively good health.  I am getting regular health checkup for every six months. Currently, I am taking Triamterene and HCTZ and Simvastatin 20 mg. Recently, I had cold, some respiratory discomfort, c...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now