iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersFamily Physicianchest congestionWhy do I get chest congestion in between periods?

Chest congestion, gas between periods. Heart issue?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Vinodhini J.

Published At March 22, 2020
Reviewed AtJune 5, 2024

Patient's Query

I am a 25-year-old girl. I have been feeling symptoms for two days but this is happening to me between periods and the other but now it is I feel constriction in the heart area. There is no pain, but I feel constricted and disturbed, this increases when I stand for a long time. But when I eat something sweet or salty, these symptoms disappear. This symptom is also accompanied by simple stomach pain, gas, and some muscular pain in the back. Pain ratio I would say about 10%. I suffer from depression and anxiety.

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

Your main complaint is pain and fatigue with some gastric issue. Let me know you that excess stress with anxiety can lead to chest pain as well as gastric ulcer.

For gastric issue, Pantoprazole tablet can be prescribed for two weeks. If gas excessive then Simethicon containing tablet or syrup can be taken.

For stress try to solve problems leading to stress. If exams were not good, you can read well now and can make goals for better reading. Yoga, meditation, and exercise will be having great effect in reducing stress.

If panic attacks comes frequently than Fluoxetine like SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) group of drug can be started after doctor consultation. If needed for anxiety issue you can consult a psychiatrist.

Here, I do not think you are having any heart problem. If pain is increasing in severity then investigate with EKG (electrocardiography). Also, check your CBC (complete blood count) report to look for low Hb (hemoglobin).

Patient's Query

So what is the reason for the heart constriction that I feel? There is no pain at all, just disturbance. I am worried about that.

If pain is not present in the chest region and only uneasiness and constriction feeling present then also your diagnosis will remain the same. You have mentioned in history that suffering from anxiety and depression issues. Hence anxiety can be related to your constriction feeling. (I do not think you are having any serious issues per my opinion according to your history).

In myocardial infarctions like heart problems, pain is very severe and associated with sweating and reading to the arm. If you want to investigate further then a simple EKG can be done for the initial workup.

For stomach pain, you can take Pantoprazole. Eat green leafy vegetables and fruits more for a few days and avoid gastric irritants like excess tea, coffee, smoking, stress, etc.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri
Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Pathology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Family Physician

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy