Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Chest pain, arm pain, and shortness of breath worsening with time. Please advise.

Answered by
Dr. Ritendra Nath Talapatra
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

From past one month, I am suffering from chest pain, left arm pain, jaw pain, shortness of breath, sweating and weakness. Day by day, it is worsening and my fear is also increasing day by day. I am 19 years old with no bad habit and with a healthy diet and BMI. I used to go to the gym but due to this problem, I am not able to do all my activities. Recently, I had ECG, echo and stress test and blood tests all tests were normal but after 15 minutes of stress test I had chest pain five minutes and sweating for 20 minutes. My resting heart beat has also decreased. I was in anxiety two years back but my ECG at that time was better than this time.



Welcome to

I noted your symptoms and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Frankly, they are all normal.

I would like to suggest the following medicines and to see if the problem persists.

  1. Capsule Veloz L (Rabeprazole and Levosulpiride) OD AC to continue for one month.
  2. Tablet Lonapam (Clonazepam) 0.25 OD HS to continue
  3. Tablet Nikoran (Nicorandil) 5 mg BD 8 AM and 8 PM to continue.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Please inform your blood pressure.

Good day.

For more information consult a cardiologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Chest pain, arm pain, and shortness of breath worsening with time. Please advise.
Can chest pain have other reasons than heart attack?
For chest pain, is it necessary to get an ECG or can I manage with medicine?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Are chest pain and breathing problem common in pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 weeks pregnant. I am having chest and lung pain on the right side along with trouble to take a deep breath. I am suffering to catch my breath. I went to the ER and they did a blood test called D-dimer. It came back positive for a lung blood clot on the left side. But, the doctor ...  Read Full »

There is a slight drop in my ejection fraction from last year. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 57-year-old male and the results of my recent annual resting echo showed the following: Tri-leaflet aortic valve with well-compensated moderate regurgitation (2-3/4) as well as mild aortic sclerosis but no stenosis. Normal size left ventricle (130 mL) and no evidence of hyp...  Read Full »

I always tend to overthink and imagine the worst. Do I have a disorder?

Query: Hello doctor,I always overthink on things which are really impossible to happen and I feel it becomes reality. I start to panic and feel like I am going to be crazy at any time. I feel like there is no safe place to go and I am shaking. It feels like I forgot to breathe, I cannot even focus on my th...  Read Full »

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Cardiologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.