Q. What is the problem with ECG Report? Is it fine to take Concor tablets?

Answered by
Dr. Nageswara Rao
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on Jun 12, 2018

Hi doctor,

I want to explain my wife's situation and I need your help and assistance. When my wife was in the kitchen, suddenly she felt some pain and heat in the upper part of her stomach and felt all her body become hot. I took her to the hospital, in the emergency department her pressure was 110/70 mmHg and the doctor requested ECG.

The doctor showed some kind of worry in respect to the ECG, made some mark in the ECG and requested for a blood test. After four hours he repeated the blood test and the ECG and then he discharged her from the hospital and gave her some medicine for the stomach and advised me to follow up with heart doctor.

Then we went to a heart doctor and he did another ECG and echo for her heart and advised us to get a CT image of her heart, so that he can decide and give opinion. We did not go for CT image until now and went to another doctor. He made another ECG and once he saw the ECG he was surprised and said that the ECG belongs to women of age 60 years old and not 32 years old. He requested blood test, gastroscopy, exercise ECG and prescribed Concor tablets 2.5 mg.

Please advise me what is the problem with my wife's ECG? And what shall I do next? Shall I go with CT image or exercise ECG? Is it fine to take Concor tablets? By the way my wife age is 32 years old and we have four children of age 12, 9, 6 and 4 years. This is the first time my wife complaints of pain and now she is feeling better and doing her household works normally. Also, she does not have diabetes or blood pressure. Her weight is 63 kg, which is correct for her height. Please assist and advise me.

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome to icliniq.com.

First relax. There is nothing to worry about. I have gone through the detailed history and investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have attached.

I found cardiac markers are quite normal. Her 2D echo is normal.

Her other blood investigations are normal. Endoscopy showing that there is gastritis and duodenitis. It can be cured easily.

Coming to ECG (electrocardiogram) there are some T wave inversions in lead V2 and V3. They are of little concern.

Coronary artery disease is very rare in a woman of 32 years age. You can go for CT coronary angiogram, which is a very simple procedure.

With reports of cardiac markers and 2D echo we can say she does not have any cardiac muscle injury and she does not have any functional problem in her heart.

Just go for Coronary CT angiogram to feel tension free. Her stomach pain is most likely due to gastritis.

Revert back with the CT angiogram report to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Hi doctor,

Is it fine to take Concor tablet? We have appointment for stress ECG test. Shall we do this test or CT angiogram? 

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • You can go for stress ECG test. It will show up any ischemia if present, coronary disease or spasm.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Related Questions & Answers

No more painful bouts of AFib. Can this be due to the stopping of Bisoprolol?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 65-year-old male who has until recently been playing tennis regularly. I have been on beta blockers for about 15 years, first on 50 mg Atenolol and then on 10 mg Bisoprolol. They lowered my pulse rate to about 60 but then about three years ago I started to get AFib...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Atrial fibrillation (also called AFib or AF) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. Normally, your heart contracts and relaxes to a regular beat. In atrial fibrill...  Read Full

What is the treatment for atrial fibrillation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have good health with occasional atrial fibrillation. Last night, I had a flare up of atrial fibrillation and my resting heart rate was 130 beats per minute which happened a few hours ago. My normal resting heart rate is 70 beats per minute. I am taking Magnesium and Potassium.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Atrial fibrillation occurring in this age group needs evaluation like an echocardiogram, cardiac stress test, coronary angiography to rule out coronary artery disease. Next, I guess you do not have any other diseases like diabetes, hypertension, or stroke. If not, then ...  Read Full

My mother does not complain of chest pain, but her ECG is abnormal. How?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 65 years old and diabetic for the last 15 to 20 years. During her last blood and urine test, there were some issues with lipid profile test apart from sugar fasting and PP. When doctor performed ECG, there was some problem with that also. Now the doctor had recommended CAG. M...  Read Full >>

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Your mother's test results show abnormalities. That is why the doctor has recommended CAG (coronary angiography).The ECG shows ST segment flattening at V, which indicates ischemia (reduced blood supply) and can lead to a heart attack. It can occur in patients without ch...  Read Full



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.