Q. What could be the cause for strong and fast heartbeats with difficulty in breathing?

Dr. Pramod Bhanudas Narkhede

I am 31-years-old male and a heavy smoker. I usually have some problems with GERD, but when I take Nexium, I feel I am suffering recently from the following symptoms. During my day, around two times, I got episodes of the following while resting.

1. Strong heartbeats.

2. Accelerated heartbeats.

3. Feeling my stomach blow.

4. Difficulty in breathing.

5. Sweating.

The episodes last for might be two minutes.

I have visited a cardiologist, and I made the following analysis,

1. Thyroid hormones.

2. CBC.

3. Urine.

4. ECG and stress ECG.

5. Holter for 24 hours.

6. Chest X-ray.

7. Breathing test.

All measures are normal except high cholesterol and LDL. Now the episodes come maybe once every couple of days. I do not know what is the reason could be?

.

#

You should curtail your smoking which is the reason for the increase in cholesterol as well as increasing your heart rate your heart and must be going very high due to stimulation of the heart by the nicotine and hydrocarbons limited by smoke the possibility of infrequent supramental arrhythmias cannot be ruled out by the test you had done. You have to do ECG immediately once you have the episode or will need a loop recorder or event recorder for the diagnosis of arrhythmia if the incidents are recurrent.

| 

Despite normal ECG, I have sweating and chest pain. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I am having habit of drinking alcohol and using tobacco daily. Since last four months, I feel lightheaded and dizzy. Sometimes, I am having heavy sweating and chest pain. I had done ECG and it was found to be normal. Sometimes, I feel like blood in my saliva. I a...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with bronchitis in ER. Is it the correct diagnosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with bronchitis today in the emergency room. I felt very weak and had difficulty breathing and could not wait for my doctor's appointment in two weeks. I have an unproductive cough for a month and a half and burning in my chest. I have attached my reports. Do you se...  Read Full »

Does excessive sweating occur due to alcohol withdrawal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I was a daily drinker of hard alcohol for the past four years. I am in depression and anxiety. I consulted a doctor. The doctor gave me Zoloft and Propranolol. Before few days, I have removed a large ganglion cyst from my right wrist. I made a step to stop the ha...  Read Full »